The Yom Kippur War .

38 minutes ago, mafya said:

😂 how is asking you if you can read aggressive?

Stop trying to label me and my view is not blinkered it is a view shared by others.

Anyway Netenyahu quotes the bible in this article to justify his actions=
https://apple.news/AEcGDCcz3SOWjxi1mEVEFLA

Netenyahu is a big part of the problem, he doesn’t want a 2 state solution and this is well documented. Unfortunately Hamas by doing what they did have now given him the opportunity to do what he has always wanted which was to bomb the hell out of the Palestinians.

Then why has he not done it yet then?

Israel must have some crappy bombs then because rather than obliterate Gaza which they could do in 24 hrs they are trying to strategically eliminate the terrorists. I believe they are even warning Palestinians to move to another area to try and avoid further casualties.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like an organisation who are hell bent on bombing as many civilians as possible now does it?

Edited by Al Bundy

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Then why has he not done it yet then?

Israel must have some crappy bombs then because rather than obliterate Gaza which they could do in 24 hrs they are trying to strategically eliminate the terrorists. I believe they are even warning Palestinians to move to another area to try and avoid further casualties.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like an organisation who are hell bent on bombing as many civilians as possible now does it?

They told them to move South for their safety and still bombed them .

39 minutes ago, mafya said:

😂

Netenyahu is a big part of the problem, he doesn’t want a 2 state solution and this is well documented. Unfortunately Hamas by doing what they did have now given him the opportunity to do what he has always wanted which was to bomb the hell out of the Palestinians.

I've no doubt that Netenyahu is furious about Hamas's pogrom, but I also think it's very likely that he sees it in the long run as worth it in the pursuit of the ultimate goal of crushing the possibility of a Palestinian state. He's an insane, racist, corrupt ultra-nationalist, and he's armed to the teeth with weaponry donated by western 'democracies'. 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

(The best one I heard was when Denis Skinner said half the Tory MPs were crooks, and he was chastised by the Speaker and told to withdraw the remark.

Skinner sulkily came back with 'Oh, alright then, half of them are not crooks,' to great laughter and applause from both benches.)

Dennis Skinner is my favourite Labour politician,  he was visiting Stanley Orme at his house,  and stood aside for me when I was wheeling one of my sons up a slope,  always liked him as he never even claimed

for a sandwich on his expenses.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

Netenyahu says that in the bible it says “there is a time for war and a time for peace”

Netenyahu sees this as a religious war= 

https://apple.news/AEcGDCcz3SOWjxi1mEVEFLA

oh dear!!

Netanyahu is a Zionist. Jews  are like any other race or religion with divisions.

For example some Jews are atheists, secular, or reformist, others may be Orthodox who are religious in a traditional way.

For example  here is a an Orthadox Jewish Rabbi sharing his views on the subject of Israel with a Muslim interviewer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mafya said:

I can see now, why a one state solution would work best. A two state sollution would leave a very small country, run by people that want to take their country back.

A one state sollution run by the UN and Israel/Palestinians.

32 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Netanyahu is a Zionist. Jews  are like any other race or religion with divisions.

For example some Jews are atheists, secular, or reformist, others may be Orthodox who are religious in a traditional way.

For example  here is a an Orthadox Jewish Rabbi sharing his views on the subject of Israel with a Muslim interviewer

It was always the case,  and ever will be,  that every nationality is made up of people with different views,  different loves and different hatreds.

Some are kind and caring and some are hateful and cruel but no kind of either goodness or badness is confined to one nation.

All our faults and all our virtues are shared among all nations and no one nation can claim the  pinnacle of goodness above others.

Mass murder will never erase the things we dislike, hate  or are afraid of because they are still there within ourselves.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

We discussed childhood, Stooooonses and proper Sheffielders we know or knew .

A smashing day it was 

That’s good.

Pretty much the same when I meet up with my 3 Unitedite mates ,2 of which have always voted Conservative.

Stay off contentious subjects and we have all been mates since junior school days.

More recently I still correspond regularly with a couple of Jewish guys who worked for the same firm but in the States.

That’s a different side to the coin compared with those who can engender such hate for people that they don’t know.

20 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Zionist Jews like Netanyahu are the ones blocking a 2 state solution and I have read up on what Zionism is about. I know all Jewish people are not like Netanyahu and I wish that people who decide to tar all Jewish people as the same would watch this type of video to learn. I was told similar to what the guy in the video is saying by orthodox Jewish people I know and it was them who explained to me what Zionism was about.

I said in one of my previous posts that I felt sorry for Jewish people who would now face hostility due to the idiots amongst us and yes there are some Muslims and others out there who will turn against all Jewish people but what I will say is you can’t stereotype the actions of a majority based on the actions of a minority.

• Like 2