The Yom Kippur War .

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

A surprise attack by limited terrorists can happen anywhere.

A surprise happened in WW2 against America at Pearl Harbour by a large force.

The point being made is that it's widely believed that the "surprise"  attack wasn't really a  "surprise"  attack at all,   and that Netanyahu knew,   but it fitted his purpose to be "surprised".

28 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

A surprise attack by limited terrorists can happen anywhere.

A surprise happened in WW2 against America at Pearl Harbour by a large force.

A surprise attack is always possible.

Some “succeed” and some fail .

My question is what preparation or measures were in place on the frontline settlements to protect the Jewish population against a very well known threat .

The only surprise element was the timing so someone either dropped their guard or possibly used settlers as the front line.

I don’t know which but instead of yet another skirmish it resulted in a terrorist massacre and the current bombardment of Gaza and all its population.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

"Widely believed it wasn't a surprise attack and Netanyahu knew"!!

Aye, at loon gatherings and Diane Abbotts house maybe.

Should have at least known of the possibility don’t you think.

Not that motorbikes,buggies and hang gliders were massing on the border

Just now, RJRB said:

Should have at least known of the possibility don’t you think.

Not that motorbikes,buggies and hang gliders were massing on the border

I think they live with the possibility of barbaric attacks every second of every day.

I've no doubt they foil many attacks.

@Al Bundy

As the IRA used to say,we only have to get lucky once.

I subscribe to the possibility that the perpetrators of this attack could not believe that they got so far and inflicted so much damage without any response from Israeli troops.

48 minutes ago, RJRB said:

@Al Bundy

As the IRA used to say,we only have to get lucky once.

I subscribe to the possibility that the perpetrators of this attack could not believe that they got so far and inflicted so much damage without any response from Israeli troops.

There aren't soldiers everywhere and even if there had been they would probably have been killed also.

I presume living with such uncertainty there are regular warnings of possible offensive actions in different areas which do not occur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12697291/pro-Palestine-vandals-smash-Starbucks-window-Yorkshire.html

Any pro Israel supporters going around smashing up property?

No?

Anyone?

It's almost as if most of these Pro Palestine protestors are just the usual suspects who go on any anti - government/capitalism march because it's seems to be in fashion.

🙄

Bet half of them wouldn't even know where Palestine is.

2 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Missiles are being fired at Israel from Yemen by Iran backed Houthis rebels

This war isn't about Palestine Vs Israel

It's Muslims Vs The Jews 

.....and the land.

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12697291/pro-Palestine-vandals-smash-Starbucks-window-Yorkshire.html

Any pro Israel supporters going around smashing up property?

No?

Anyone?

It's almost as if most of these Pro Palestine protestors are just the usual suspects who go on any anti - government/capitalism march because it's seems to be in fashion.

🙄

Bet half of them wouldn't even know where Palestine is.

The mention of stick insects and mice being released is interesting as I wondered about the bed bugs in Paris,  biological warfare?   Wasn't Covid released deliberately as someone said?