The Yom Kippur War .

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

This attack on Israel started just has talks were starting with the  Saudi Arabians in the chair  to bring stability to the area .

I am not ignoring that . Its a fact .

It did and for the sake of everyone I hope that peace initiatives continue to be attempted without the numerous attempts to derail them.

Regrettably recent events and historical ones such as the fate of Rabin and Sadat make it difficult.

”Blessed are the Peacemakers “

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

So in essence you are blaming Hamas for the deaths of Palestinians.

I've made it perfectly clear who I'm blaming and I'm not going to have  words put into my mouth  by you.  The innocent Palestinians who are dying every day are dying at the hands of Israel.

This last eruption in the long running situation  was  caused by the Hamas attack which was savage and uncivilised and which  everyone condemns.

Israel has a right to defend itself but it's defence should be appropriate.  If they were simply attacking terrorists,  no one would mind but they are attacking thousands of innocent civilians.

They WILL NOT bomb Hamas into submission.  Nobody has ever managed to wipe out a terrorist group yet.

What happened in Northern Ireland is the answer but, as Hamas cannot be trusted, the world must step in with International Law. 

There will never be peace whilst Israel occupies other nations land.

Another thing I keep reading is the outrage about Palestinians not being Hamas, therefore why are they suffering?

I am trying to research the same outrage about  Russian athletes, professional Russian and Belarus sportsmen and women being prevented from earning a living because of the actions of their leaders.

Can't find any outrage about that.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Another thing I keep reading is the outrage about Palestinians not being Hamas, therefore why are they suffering?

I am trying to research the same outrage about  Russian athletes, professional Russian and Belarus sportsmen and women being prevented from earning a living because of the actions of their leaders.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Talking about thousands of children being blown to pieces.  Not a couple of hundred fit & well athletes,  who're  suffering loss of earnings.

It is very much different to anyone with normal thought processes.  Wouldn't expect you to realise that though, which is why I pointed it out.

Edited by Organgrinder

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

🤔🤔🤔🤔

So, one group is being bombed and their houses destroyed, and the other, smaller, group are being prevented from participating in some international sports events. That's a difficult one.

14 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

So, one group is being bombed and their houses destroyed, and the other, smaller, group are being prevented from participating in some international sports events. That's a difficult one.

Well yes, but the principal is the same.

Innocent folk are being punished because of someone else, yet no one cared about the Russian folk.

Just pointing it out.

👍

2 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Only a person with no human feelings or morals could compare those two situations side by side and think they are similar.

Not surprised it's Bundy.

I also think that being blown into  little pieces is a bit more than "being punished".

Oh well,  it's very true that we're all different,  thank God.

Edited by Organgrinder

29 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Only a person with no human feelings or morals could compare those two situations side by side and think they are similar.

Equating terrorists with a sovereign democracy, is the product of a naive, amoral mind!

(And leads to the inevitable he said, she said, endless wars)

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I've made it perfectly clear who I'm blaming and I'm not going to have  words put into my mouth  by you.  The innocent Palestinians who are dying every day are dying at the hands of Israel.

This last eruption in the long running situation  was  caused by the Hamas attack which was savage and uncivilised and which  everyone condemns.

Israel has a right to defend itself but it's defence should be appropriate.  If they were simply attacking terrorists,  no one would mind but they are attacking thousands of innocent civilians.

They WILL NOT bomb Hamas into submission.  Nobody has ever managed to wipe out a terrorist group yet.

What happened in Northern Ireland is the answer but, as Hamas cannot be trusted, the world must step in with International Law. 

There will never be peace whilst Israel occupies other nations land.

When the enemy does not wear uniform or is part of an army how do you know who the terrorist is ?

If the terrorists were not acting in collusion with the government why hasn’t the Hamas government handed them over. ?

Wasn’t it a legal agreement for the creation of the state of Israel ?

Edited by harvey19