The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, mafya said:

On the news it said 60 of the hostages had been killed by Israeli air strikes and with the way Israel has gone ahead with its bloodlust it may be that the goodwill towards Israel has changed direction towards the thousands of innocent Palestinians getting killed. I saw on the news that the families were protesting outside Netanyahu’s house and the way the Israeli police were pushing a couple of them about was shocking.

Proved my point.

5 minutes ago, Hecate said:

No, that's the kind of result you can expect when commitment to a political position and consequent blinkered perspective removes a fundamental part of your basic humanity and blinds you to others' grief and suffering.  As Hadley Freeman states in the article:

And an adding a 'yes, but... ' does rather negate the point of condemning appalling behaviour.

I think if posters of dead Palestinians went up they would also probably get torn down by pro Israelis.

Just now, harvey19 said:

Proved my point.

You never had a point

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Read my post again please and then you will see it.

I gave you a reason why the Israeli victims were not on the news and it also said that Israel was keeping the victim’s family members silenced by not giving them publicity so that the general Israeli public is not swayed to turn against the govt that’s why they we’re protesting outside Netanyahu’s house. This was on al jazeera so that may be the reason

Edited by mafya

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

I think if posters of dead Palestinians went up they would also probably get torn down by pro Israelis.

Such behaviour is terrible and we can condemn it unequivocally, can't we?

Just now, mafya said:

I gave you a reason why the Israeli victims were not on the news and it also said that Israel was keeping the victim’s family members silenced by not giving them publicity so that the general Israeli public is not swayed to turn against the govt that’s why they we’re protesting outside Netanyahu’s house. This was on al jazeera 

I do not watch/listen to that station.

There is no mention or very little on the main news channels.

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I do not watch/listen to that station.

There is no mention or very little on the main news channels.

I suggest you do as the pictures/videos you see will give you the full picture instead of the sanitised version of the bbc, 

6 minutes ago, Hecate said:

If posters of Palestinian victims of Israel’s bombing victims were put up around the Golders Green area of London or the Jewish area of Manchester what do you think the reaction/assumption would be?

It’s a complicated situation so imo best not done for either side as tensions are running high on both sides. 

13 minutes ago, Hecate said:

7 minutes ago, mafya said:

If posters of Palestinian victims of Israel’s bombing victims were put up around the Golders Green area of London or the Jewish area of Manchester what do you think the reaction/assumption would be?

It’s a complicated situation so imo best not done for either side as tensions are running high on both sides. 

Apparently we can't ...

17 minutes ago, mafya said:

I suggest you do as the pictures/videos you see will give you the full picture instead of the sanitised version of the bbc, 

Would that be the same BBC that refused to call those Palestinians who are butchering folk, terrorists?