The Yom Kippur War .

23 minutes ago, cressida said:

Al said:  

Why are you not bothered about all the children in the Yemen ,is that not important enough for you or not the main issue?  Since when do you decide what's important?

Why no outrage about that?

I've been worried about that,  isn't it the Saudi's causing the problem/fighting and the USA ignoring it because it's the Saudis.?

I have previously posted about the war in Yemen - Al must have missed that. It's a horrible proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, with both governments funding different factions. Saudi Arabia is the US's ally so they have kept quiet on the bombing of children there. Some of the weaponry used by Saudi Arabia to do this was made in the UK, as are many of the parts in the planes Israel are using to bomb civilians in Gaza. You also get some people on the Left who don't criticise Iran because they see the regime as some kind of counter to US imperialism, when Iran is also an imperialist power and an awful regime.

Innocent folk getting killed is unfortunate and awful but this is what happens when there is a war going on. I really don't know why that's so hard to fathom.

If there were no wars then evil folk like Hitler and Hamas would have and would take over.

Would that be preferable?

Edited by Al Bundy

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Innocent folk getting killed is unfortunate and awful but this is what happens when there is a war going on. I really don't know why that's so hard to fathom.

If there were no wars then evil folk like Hitler and Hamas would have and would take over.

Would that be preferable?

That was always the stock response of the IRA when some civilians got blown to bits. 'It's unfortunate'

38 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I have previously posted about the war in Yemen - Al must have missed that. It's a horrible proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, with both governments funding different factions. Saudi Arabia is the US's ally so they have kept quiet on the bombing of children there. Some of the weaponry used by Saudi Arabia to do this was made in the UK, as are many of the parts in the planes Israel are using to bomb civilians in Gaza. You also get some people on the Left who don't criticise Iran because they see the regime as some kind of counter to US imperialism, when Iran is also an imperialist power and an awful regime.

There are some adverts on TV now asking for aid but it's taken its' time,  they are all callous and I can't forget what they did to Khassogi,  the ringleader was

a prince and I never heard about him getting a trial.

Has Meghan Markle's friend been released from prison yet?  Next time they come to Ascot sympathisers should be there with their placards.

Thanks Delbow.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

And you can’t wait to show and compare.

I’d stick Sky News on if I were you.

Then you will  see what irresponsible government has done.

We all deserve much better from our politicians.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 1