The Yom Kippur War .

51 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Fortunately we are living in the present.

But when discussing the "history" of conflict it is not helpful to cherry pick an arbitrary "starting date" that suits one's viewpoint. 

The ancient Kingdoms of Israel and Judah was the traditional home of Jews for millenia prior to the Islamic conquest of 637 AD.  Jews have lived in those lands longer than the Muslims.

753px-Kingdoms_around_Israel_830_map.svg

9th Century BCE - WIKI

(By the way, since you apparently choose to live in a Western Democracy, you would be well advised to adopt a more tolerant attitude towards others of differing viewpoints)

I am tolerant of your type of person but that doesn’t mean I can’t pull you up on what you post, we live in a democracy don’t we?

46 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Why thank you!

But facts and truth tend to write themselves.

54 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Fortunately we are living in the present.

But when discussing the "history" of conflict it is not helpful to cherry pick an arbitrary "starting date" that suits one's viewpoint. 

The ancient Kingdoms of Israel and Judah was the traditional home of Jews for millenia prior to the Islamic conquest of 637 AD.  Jews have lived in those lands longer than the Muslims.

753px-Kingdoms_around_Israel_830_map.svg

9th Century BCE - WIKI

(By the way, since you apparently choose to live in a Western Democracy, you would be well advised to adopt a more tolerant attitude towards others of differing 

25 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Predictable, given the Left's history of flogging the "Russian Collusion" conspiracy theory for 6 years. It's just more of the desperate and well coordinated effort to keep Trump out of the White House "At All Costs!" so they can cling on to power, and maintain the Status Quo.

But the Left are correct on one thing about conspiracy theories. Namely:

"It is impossible for a conspiracy theory, involving so many people, to remain secret for long!"

Amen to that!

Trump getting reelected next year will be the best thing ever.

Unfortunately it will probably involve 4 years of rioting from thr hard left

Hopefully they'll deal with them properly this time and have learnt the leasing that you can't give them an inch because before you know it we all have to say that women can have penises and should be allowed to compete in women weight lifting competitions

It's time to being common sense and reality back to the west 

59 minutes ago, mafya said:

I am tolerant of your type of person but that doesn’t mean I can’t pull you up on what you post, we live in a democracy don’t we?

Well, quite, but you don't do yourself any favours whatsoever with your constant childish and unnecessary insults.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Well, quite, but you don't do yourself any favours whatsoever with your constant childish and unnecessary insults.

He/she/it, like some others here, fail to grasp that anonymous internet trolls hurling  personal insults while hiding behind a fake ID has no impact at all on intelligent folk.

But if it helps their alter egos, I have no problem with it, other than the fact it renders their opinions irrelevant.

Edited by trastrick

14 minutes ago, trastrick said:

He/she/it, like some others here, fail to grasp that anonymous internet trolls hurling  personal insults while hiding behind a fake ID has no impact at all on intelligent folk.

But if it helps their alter egos, I have no problem with it, other than the fact it renders their opinions irrelevant.

Im starting to suspect that @Organgrinderand @mafyaare the same person

They're both very fast to jump to conclusions and hurl personal insults when they start losing the argument 

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Trump getting reelected next year will be the best thing ever.

Unfortunately it will probably involve 4 years of rioting from thr hard left

Hopefully they'll deal with them properly this time and have learnt the leasing that you can't give them an inch because before you know it we all have to say that women can have penises and should be allowed to compete in women weight lifting competitions

It's time to being common sense and reality back to the west 

A lot of this nonsense can disappear overnight given competent Leadership.

The last time we had such an incompetent lot in the White House, was back in the day of Jimmy Carter. We had an Iran hostage crisis involving 52 U.S. Diplomats and citizens. Went on for 444 days, it did.

(Israel is not even mentioned in the lengthy WIKI article on the subject :) )

It was over the same day as the new President Reagan was sworn in!

Whether it's Trump, de Santis, Lake, or somebody else, but I kinda hope it's Trump.

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trastrick said:

A lot of this nonsense can disappear overnight given competent Leadership.

The last time we had such an incompetent lot in the White House, was back in the day of Jimmy Carter. We had an Iran hostage crisis involving 52 U.S. Diplomats and citizens.

(Israel is not even mentioned in the lengthy WIKI article on the subject :) )

It was over the same day as the new President Reagan was sworn in!

Whether it's Trump, de Santis, Lake, or somebody else, but I kinda hope it's Trump.

I want it to be Trump purely for comedy value and to watch the woke cry bullies heads explode 

After Munich the Israelis hunted down all those responsible and assassinated then

I hope they do that with all the Hamas leaders who are hiding in hotels and palaces on Doha etc 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

I want it to be Trump purely for comedy value and to watch the woke cry bullies heads explode 

After Munich the Israelis hunted down all those responsible and assassinated then

I hope they do that with all the Hamas leaders who are hiding in hotels and palaces on Doha etc 

Folks go on about Palestine being occupied by Israel, but refuse to recognize that Palestine is in reality occupied by the Terrorist HAMAS!

Either that, or HAMAS is their government of choice.

It's got to be one or t'other!  :)

9 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Im starting to suspect that @Organgrinderand @mafyaare the same person

They're both very fast to jump to conclusions and hurl personal insults when they start losing the argument 

Wrong again silly boy.

I only have ONE account and seem to manage to be unpopular enough without the need for another.

Besides that,  I don't like lying and  deception.  People may not like what I say,  but it's the truth.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

1) The overwhelming majority use a handle of their choice and for their own reasons.

These are many and varied but obviously some are more applicable to those who live in Sheffield,work in Sheffield,have opinions that their family do not wish to be connected with.

2) My definition of an internet troll is someone who tries to antagonise someone just to annoy.

You seem to apply it to anyone who disagrees with your trenchant opinions

3) Their opinions are as relevant as anyone else whether you have no problem with it or if it sticks in your craw.

Being one of the intelligent folk you might get that some day

Edited by RJRB