The Yom Kippur War .

4 minutes ago, mafya said:

From what I have read Hamas was formed years ago as a resistance force against Israeli occupation as was Islamic jihad, plo etc so if the reasons for their formation (the occupation by Israel) ends then they have no reason to exist.

How did we the British deal with the IRA?  I think Israel needs to realise that the status quo cannot continue.

So how would you deal with Hamas?

What would be the steps you take to erradicate them?

Edited by The_DADDY

Just now, The_DADDY said:

So how would you deal with Hamas?

What would be the steps you take to erradicate them?

You can’t eradicate Hamas, they have probably gained thousands of new recruits since October 7th.

The Americans didn’t eradicate the Taliban did it?

Stop repeating the same question over and over as you have already been given the answer.

Hamas will never be eradicated whilst Israel continues occupying Palestinians.

Can Hamas be eradicated?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/can-hamas-really-be-eliminated/

Just now, mafya said:

You can’t eradicate Hamas, they have probably gained thousands of new recruits since October 7th.

The Americans didn’t eradicate the Taliban did it?

Stop repeating the same question over and over as you have already been given the answer.

Hamas will never be eradicated whilst Israel continues occupying Palestinians.

So the answer is you can't.

Fair enough  

So please answer my second question. 

What would your solution be?

By solution I mean to the whole situation,  not just Hamas. 

I'll add that it's quite possible you've already answered both but I haven't been following the thread too close recently. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough  

I'll add that it's quite possible you've already answered both but I haven't been following the thread too close recently. 

FO

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough  

Israel goes back to the borders from 1948, the West Bank and Gaza Strip need to be joined via an underground bypass and there needs to be a thick and high border wall between Israel and the Palestinians.

All prisoners need to be released and the likes of Hamas, Islamic jihad etc need to be disbanded as the reason for their existence has gone. 
There needs to be an international peace keeping force in place to keep things in check and I think both sides need to accept each others right to exist and take it from there. It’s not going to be easy but this is just my own opinion but from what I have read Israel wants all of Palestine but the Palestinians are not ones to give up

22 minutes ago, mafya said:

Israel goes back to the borders from 1948, the West Bank and Gaza Strip need to be joined via an underground bypass and there needs to be a thick and high border wall between Israel and the Palestinians.

All prisoners need to be released and the likes of Hamas, Islamic jihad etc need to be disbanded as the reason for their existence has gone. 
There needs to be an international peace keeping force in place to keep things in check and I think both sides need to accept each others right to exist and take it from there. It’s not going to be easy but this is just my own opinion but from what I have read Israel wants all of Palestine but the Palestinians are not ones to give up

Thank you for answering 👍

I'd go along with most of that.

The sticking points for me being A, Will hamas etc disband if Israel go back to 1948 borders?

B, Will hamas, Israel  etc agree to release All prisoners? 

C, What are the chances of Israel going back to 1948 borders? 

To that I'd say

A, Unlikely 

B, Very unlikely 

C, Zero.

Whatever side you're on (not you personally) the situation is grim and getting more grim by the day.

I don't see it ending any time soon. 

Oh dear. Looks like someone is angry again 🙄

Edited by The_DADDY

54 minutes ago, mafya said:

Agree with the borders bit . Why have Israel been allowed to expand into  parts of another country ?

2 hours ago, mafya said:

They have killed Hamas leaders in the past , it’s obviously not having any effect as someone else just takes their place. The answer is to sort the situation out once and for all and come to some kind of peace agreement.

They killed the founder of Hamas who was in a wheelchair years ago along  with others since and still  Hamas exists.

The circle of violence continues and is not the solution.

As a pro Palestinian....did the news story make you happy?

Surely you are overjoyed that the Hamas deputy leader has been killed