The Yom Kippur War .

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

OK...

Let the Palestinians have the strip of land.

Where do all the Jews go?

We don't have to work out who should go.    None need go.

Originally, They were each allotted  an area of land.  One of them would be Israel and the other would be Palestine.

Israeli settlers have,  for many many years been moving into Palestine and driving Palestinians  out of their homes & land and claiming the land as their own.

As a result,  the area Israel occupies has kept getting larger and the area the Palestinians occupy has kept getting smaller.

As of 2013, the State of Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council  everyone of which has been ignored.

All Israel has to do is behave themselves and comply with International Law.

11 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

OK...

Let the Palestinians have the strip of land.

Where do all the Jews go?

The Jewish people can stay, I think they need to work out a 2 state solution and the Palestinians need to accept the Jewish people are not going to leave and the same way the Jewish people need to accept the Palestinians people will not  be leaving.

The problem is not the Jewish people it is the Zionists who are the problem the same way as the extremist from the Palestinians side.

It won’t be easy but I think now it needs to be sorted otherwise the unrest will just carry on. I know a few Jewish people personally and they are good people who themselves don’t agree with some of Israel’s policies. The majority of Jewish people are just as innocent as the majority of Palestinians who want peace and are sick of the bloodshed. There is no future for anyone the longer this continues and I hope the situation gets sort because in my lifetime of 50yrs there has always been the Israeli/Palestinian issue so enough is enough and world leaders need to stand up and find a solution to this situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Does that mean Hamas will behave themselves?

Unfortunately,  probably not,   but it will then be up to Israel and the UN to deal with them without harming innocent Palestinians.

No one on this forum seems to object to Hamas being dealt with but concerns are expressed regarding the safety of Palestinians.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

We don't have to work out who should go.    None need go.

Originally, They were each allotted  an area of land.  One of them would be Israel and the other would be Palestine.

Israeli settlers have,  for many many years been moving into Palestine and driving Palestinians  out of their homes & land and claiming the land as their own.

As a result,  the area Israel occupies has kept getting larger and the area the Palestinians occupy has kept getting smaller.

As of 2013, the State of Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council  everyone of which has been ignored.

All Israel has to do is behave themselves and comply with International Law.

Sounds a bit like the UK...

1 hour ago, mafya said:

The Jewish people can stay, I think they need to work out a 2 state solution and the Palestinians need to accept the Jewish people are not going to leave and the same way the Jewish people need to accept the Palestinians people will not  be leaving.

The problem is not the Jewish people it is the Zionists who are the problem the same way as the extremist from the Palestinians side.

It won’t be easy but I think now it needs to be sorted otherwise the unrest will just carry on. I know a few Jewish people personally and they are good people who themselves don’t agree with some of Israel’s policies. The majority of Jewish people are just as innocent as the majority of Palestinians who want peace and are sick of the bloodshed. There is no future for anyone the longer this continues and I hope the situation gets sort because in my lifetime of 50yrs there has always been the Israeli/Palestinian issue so enough is enough and world leaders need to stand up and find a solution to this situation.

Well said,  I will agree with that.

1 hour ago, leviathan13 said:

Sounds a bit like the UK...

I'm glad that someone else has noticed too.

The UN has turned out to be a toothless dog which is ignored by every nation in turn when it suits their purposes,  including us of course.

If the UN really worked,  everything would work.

Edited by Organgrinder

3 minutes ago, mafya said:

As do Syria and Iran who are the main supporters  of opponents of a Jewish state in the middle east. 

Now which dictator is a big backer of Syria and and would like to deflect attention away from its invasion of another country?

17 minutes ago, Longcol said:

As do Syria and Iran who are the main supporters  of opponents of a Jewish state in the middle east. 

Now which dictator is a big backer of Syria and and would like to deflect attention away from its invasion of another country?

Syria and Iran are using the Palestinian issue for their own agenda and yes I agree they and others need to accept that the state of Israel will not just disappear. 

21 minutes ago, Longcol said:

That's true too.  A demonstration of how hard it is to bring peace to the area when there are so many on the sidelines doing their best to foster division and hatred.