The Yom Kippur War .

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Can you quote that "past assertion"?  :)

Why do you folks have to lie, all the time?

Can we quote it?

Certailnly, sir:

“And I'm tired of tripping over beggars sleeping on Toronto's streets, which does not happen in my third world country”

You should be careful about chucking unfounded accusations of lying around. You can end up looking even dafter than usual.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Please all of you be polite and civil to all posters, even (especially if) you disagree with them.

I'm sure all we really want is a peaceful world where everyone gets on, so start with yourselves and be nice to others. 

But Anna ,how can us so called lefties communicate without resorting to personal slurs and insults.

You should know by now that it’s our hallmark 😉

But I agree with your sentiments

31 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Please all of you be polite and civil to all posters, even (especially if) you disagree with them.

I'm sure all we really want is a peaceful world where everyone gets on, so start with yourselves and be nice to others. 

Anna I fully agree with you.

I was taught that insulting posts say more about the poster than the target.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I don't agree

I believe Jews and Israel have the right to defend themselves and Hamas are responsible for everything that happens to the Palestinians 

I hope that Hamas are exterminated 

But you know this.....I have said it numerous times 

You are quite welcome to disagree.    We all come on here to state our views and I wouldn't expect your views to be the same as mine.

I have also NEVER  said that  the Jews / Israel shouldn't defend themselves either.

I have also not said that I'm opposed to terrorists being exterminated  ( a very crude and unlovely word but I gather the meaning although I never watched Dr Who ) 

You have and I remembered that and, as I said, I agree with your last 3 lines.

What I do not agree with is the way Israel is causing so much suffering and hardship for innocent Palestinian families.

And I don't agree that Israeli's should be allowed to stay in Palestine.  Israel is their country and they should stay there.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

The Israelis need to take the Gaza strip

Tell the Palestinians to leave and then drive Hamas into Egypt or the Sea 

To leave and go where?

Do you assume that anyone who doesn’t or cannot leave is a terrorist.

Have you thought this through?