The Yom Kippur War .

7 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I bet Israel are shaking in their boots about some politician in the weak British government threatening them by reporting them to teacher 🤣

Israel have every right to fight back against the terrorist attacks in their country 

Of course they do but legally.

Your own words say that here  -

No one should be above criticism

No country, no race, no religion, no gender or sexual orientation 

You're forgetting that they need to keep the backing of the West and the West will not fancy standing in War Crimes courts regularly.

There are a lot of nations out there who would be glad to see Israel gone and they could all decide that war crimes are fine too.

After all these years of being "civilised",  do you want the whole human race to start going backwards again,  just so that one country can steal another country's land ?

Just now, Anna B said:

Yes I agree. 

But try telling that to Jeremy Corbyn...

Once again he was right, but slaughtered in the media, and consequently by the ill-informed..

A perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Hopefully people are now a bit better educated on some of the issues.

I wouldn't bet on that Anna just reading some of the views on here. We have posters who would quite happily be tagged with war crimes.  So much for education.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Condemn Israel, get branded an anti-semite, and kiss your career goodbye...

Not these days, Anna.

The whole world is on Israel's case.

It's the "cool" thing to do.!  :)

It also allows closet Jew haters (of which there have been many over the centuries), to finally "come out" in public and even be celebrated  for piling on!

Hitler would say, "I told you so, but you wouldn't listen!"  :)

Edited by trastrick

14 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

So they are not ruled by terrorists?  Or vote them out.

Palestinians are NOT Hamas, goes the tune.

If that MSM "narrative" has any currency at all, that the Palestinian government has been hijacked, and is ruled by a terrorist  group, I'd say the "Palestinian Problem", is theirs and theirs alone!

Are they seeking international help to get the terrorists out? Mass demonstrations by Palestinian's and Palestinian sympathisers around the World, seeking U.N. and Western help in getting rid of the terrorist coup, Hamas?  That should be Job 1. 

With that "narrative", Israel is actually a supporter of the Palestinian people. :)

Edited by trastrick

13 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Palestinians are NOT Hamas, goes the tune.

If that MSM "narrative" has any currency at all, that the Palestinian government has been hijacked, and is ruled by a terrorist  group, I'd say the "Palestinian Problem", is theirs and theirs alone!

Are they seeking international help to get the terrorists out? Mass demonstrations by Palestinian's and Palestinian sympathisers around the World, seeking U.N. and Western help in getting rid of the terrorist coup, Hamas?  That should be Job 1. 

With that "narrative", Israel is actually a supporter of the Palestinian people. :)

In a word, no.

It's almost as if over 50% don't have a problem with a terrorist organisation in charge... according to recent polls in Palestine.

Edited by Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Of course they do but legally.

Your own words say that here  -

No one should be above criticism

No country, no race, no religion, no gender or sexual orientation 

You're forgetting that they need to keep the backing of the West and the West will not fancy standing in War Crimes courts regularly.

There are a lot of nations out there who would be glad to see Israel gone and they could all decide that war crimes are fine too.

After all these years of being "civilised",  do you want the whole human race to start going backwards again,  just so that one country can steal another country's land ?

I wouldn't bet on that Anna just reading some of the views on here. We have posters who would quite happily be tagged with war crimes.  So much for education.

War crimes are committed when armies are at war and the Geneva Convention applies.

I do not know if these countries are signatories  to the Convention.

If the Hamas are terrorists I would presume their actions are criminal acts and individuals rather than a country are responsible.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The whole world is on Israel's case.

It's the "cool" thing to do.!  :)

It also allows closet Jew haters (of which there have been many over the centuries), to finally "come out" in public and even be celebrated  for piling on!

Hitler would say, "I told you so, but you wouldn't listen!"  :)

During the 1973 Arab-Israeli War, Arab members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) imposed an embargo against the United States in retaliation for the U.S. decision to re-supply the Israeli military and to gain leverage in the post-war peace negotiations.

Get ready for high energy/petrol charges  :)

23 hours ago, RJRB said:

https://www.worldbank.org/en/results/2017/04/10/improving-social-protection-services-dominican-republic

Is this another attempt to deny or acknowledge what exists around you.

Like the past assertion that homelessness and beggars do not exist in the DR

I KNOW what's around me. I see it on a daily basis. :)

19 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Can we quote it?

Certailnly, sir:

“And I'm tired of tripping over beggars sleeping on Toronto's streets, which does not happen in my third world country”

You should be careful about chucking unfounded accusations of lying around. You can end up looking even dafter than usual.

A true assertion. I'll repeat:

"And I'm tired of tripping over beggars sleeping on Toronto's streets, which does not happen in my third world country”

A lot of Toronto's midtown streets, have homeless, many of them young and apparently able bodied, with their sleeping bags and drug paraphernalia and they block access to shops, the subway and bus shelters. They DO block the sidewalks and you do have to step around, or over them when they crash out in a drug addled haze!

The city parks are a no go area in the summer due to homeless encampments.

In the DR, (and I have travelled the length and breadth of the country in the last 14 tears) the sidewalks are clear and kept clear of homeless.

Come see for yourselves, or believe what the MSM/Internet tells you!

Your choice!

Edited by trastrick

Predictably, Iran is threatening to get involved now, which is not good. That regime is as expansionist as Israel's and they are trying to attain top dog status in the middle east against Saudi Arabia, so I'm sure they see this is a great opportunity to flex some muscle and kill plenty of civilians along the way.

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Predictably, Iran is threatening to get involved now, which is not good. That regime is as expansionist as Israel's and they are trying to attain top dog status in the middle east against Saudi Arabia, so I'm sure they see this is a great opportunity to flex some muscle and kill plenty of civilians along the way.

Iran is already involved.  They supply the Hamas terrorists with weapons. 

Edited by Axe