The Yom Kippur War .

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Indeed. And much good it did them...

And don't forget Julian Assange. still in Belmarsh prison as far as I'm aware.

Shows how keen the governments are to keep the plebs in the dark as far as the facts are concerned.

Very true,  which is why I've always thought that  big gobs like mine  are still needed because the righties would love to silence us.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Shows how keen the governments are to keep the plebs in the dark as far as the facts are concerned.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Indeed. And much good it did them...

And don't forget Julian Assange. still in Belmarsh prison as far as I'm aware.

Keep him in the dark?

We've been trying to get rid of him for 15 years and he's cost the taxpayer about £20m

If he wants to stay in the UK then he can stay in prison

He can go back to the USA anytime he wants 

We'll pay his plane ticket 

Edited by Jack Grey

16 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Complete load of rubbish,  as always.

And American Presidents always tell the truth,  like British Prime Misters.   do they ?

News to me.

Not rubbish at all.  

16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Or Biden a supporter of Israel for over 40 years , is blinkered .

He has been told by is own Military.   Biden has been friendly towards Iran in the past.  Israel had nothing to gain from targeting a hospital.  

34 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Cressida I asked civil questions and look at the abuse I got.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=who+said+the+atmosphere+in+the+labour+party+was+toxic%3F&sca_esv=574791026&sxsrf=AM9HkKn4hQpSckdg1uTk5wV2iYZv30iDcQ%3A1697713925007&sourc

This instigated my question about toxicity,  must have been serious to initiate an investigation.

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

Israel had nothing to gain from targeting a hospital.  

Its strange how there can be over a thousand missiles fired at Israel and fewer than 10 deaths; this one missile kills 500

Edited by El Cid

16 hours ago, Anna B said:

That is evident in BBC reporting which is anything but even handed. ITV is a little less biased but shrouded in obfuscation.

BBC seems to think there's no other world or home news at the moment - 20-25 minutes of Israel stuff on the 6 o clock news, a couple of minutes of home news, weather, then onto local news.

Which in my area also contains at least 10 minutes of Israeli / Palestinian news with a local slant on it.

Don't take my word for it, look at last night's as an example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001rkfj/bbc-news-at-six-18102023

Home news started at 20 past 6

God knows what Ukraine must be thinking at the moment - that we've all but abandoned them.

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Its strange how there can be over a thousand missiles fired at Israel and fewer than 10 deaths; this one missile kills 500

There have been more than 10 deaths in Israel from missiles.  The 500 figure is a claim by Gaza officials. It makes more sense for the Gaza officials to exaggerate the death figure than for Israel to target a hospital.  I believe Israel and the USA when they say the missile was not launched by Israel. 

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Just a civil question,  sorry if it came across as 'stirring the pot' it wasn't my intention.

They all say the same thing , “I am not anti semantic but” . 
It happened in Europe in the 1930’s and it’s happening now . 
This has now reached a crescendo due to the Attacks by a terrorist organization on a music festival and a farming community ten days ago.

The victims have now become the terrorists.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Well, I think we all know it didn't.  Didn't it hit the car park?

It's all gone a bit quiet regarding this hospital strike, I am guessing it wasn't Israel after all then?

Still, it won't stop Muslims around the world baying for blood and slayings.