The Yom Kippur War .

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

It's the lefties......purely political 

I bet if you look at the banners, most of them are about the Tories, racism, the NHS and trans rights 

Just like the strikes 

You righties are political too    -    fair do's for each.

They're just saying how much they hate this ruling Sewage Party.  They're quite entitled to do that if that's how they feel.

I'm sure you'll find that righties have been known to strike too.

Look how many have been on strike recently.  Do you honestly believe that all these staff  are lefty Labour voters only ?

Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Railwaymen, Teachers, Local Authority workers, Border Force, Bus workers, Driving Examiners etc,  are all Labour voters ?

A good smattering there who don't vote Labour so It's not at all about lefties.     You're making it up again.

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You righties are political too    -    fair do's for each.

They're just saying how much they hate this ruling Sewage Party.  They're quite entitled to do that if that's how they feel.

I'm sure you'll find that righties have been known to strike too.

Look how many have been on strike recently.  Do you honestly believe that all these staff  are lefty Labour voters only ?

Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Railwaymen, Teachers, Local Authority workers, Border Force, Bus workers, Driving Examiners etc,  are all Labour voters ?

A good smattering there who don't vote Labour so It's not at all about lefties.     You're making it up again.

Are you saying that the unions are not left wing and they do not have a political affiliation to labour? 

Just now, Jack Grey said:

Are you saying that the unions are not left wing and they do not have a political affiliation to labour? 

The members vote to strike,  not the unions.   No union can call a strike unless the members vote for it.

I'll ask you again.   Do you honestly believe that every strikers is a Labour voting left winger ?    No Tories ?    No Lib Dems ?   None without political convictions  who don't vote ?

Come on Jack,  you're embarrassing yourself again by talking silly.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The members vote to strike,  not the unions.   No union can call a strike unless the members vote for it.

I'll ask you again.   Do you honestly believe that every strikers is a Labour voting left winger ?    No Tories ?    No Lib Dems ?   None without political convictions  who don't vote ?

Come on Jack,  you're embarrassing yourself again by talking silly.

I don't want to divert the subject matter In this thread we can have this conversation in another thread 

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I don't want to divert the subject matter In this thread we can have this conversation in another thread 

I agree.

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

There was a large pro Palestinian demonstration in Newcastle centre last week and today, loud speakers being used and plenty of Palestinian flags being waved.  The demonstration started at The Earl Grey Monument where they were suppose to stay but they started to walk up Northumberland Street and stood outside M&S blocking the entrance to the store. A few people complained to the police to move them,  a policeman said they haven’t got the manpower to move them on, however I think the police managed to clear them from the entrance of M&S. The demonstrators then started to to chant, racist police. The best the police could do was to follow the march.  A few police officers had cameras recording what was being shouted on the loud speakers, I suspect in case they chanted support for Hamas

There’s a large Jewish community up here who cause no trouble at all. However I don’t think there has been any reports of hate crimes so far.

Anybody targeting any Jewish person based on what is happening in Gaza is just as bad as the ones targeting innocent Gazans. 
People have a right to protest and  innocent Jewish and Muslim people should not be getting attacked.

It is the Israeli Govt who is targeting innocent people so protests should be against the Israeli Govt and not the Jewish people. The idiots targeting Jewish people need to realise that some Jewish people are also protesting against what is happening to the innocent Palestinians and the same should also apply to the innocent Muslims.

This is how situations get out of hand and is not good for anybody, I’m a Muslim myself and I sympathise with the innocent Palestinians and I also sympathise with the innocent Jewish people and do not agree with any hate crimes/incidents being carried out under any circumstances.

The same way the world is asking the Israeli Govt to control their anger/rage is the same way those protesting on behalf of the Palestinians need to control their anger/rage.

I sincerely hope that the situation can be resolved somehow as the world has seen plenty of bloodshed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mafya said:

Anybody targeting any Jewish person based on what is happening in Gaza is just as bad as the ones targeting innocent Gazans. 
People have a right to protest and  innocent Jewish and Muslim people should not be getting attacked.

It is the Israeli Govt who is targeting innocent people so protests should be against the Israeli Govt and not the Jewish people. The idiots targeting Jewish people need to realise that some Jewish people are also protesting against what is happening to the innocent Palestinians and the same should also apply to the innocent Muslims.

This is how situations get out of hand and is not good for anybody, I’m a Muslim myself and I sympathise with the innocent Palestinians and I also sympathise with the innocent Jewish people and do not agree with any hate crimes/incidents being carried out under any circumstances.

The same way the world is asking the Israeli Govt to control their anger/rage is the same way those protesting on behalf of the Palestinians need to control their anger/rage.

I sincerely hope that the situation can be resolved somehow as the world has seen plenty of bloodshed.

Has there been of any reports about attacks on Muslims or defacing of Muslim businesses or mosques anywhere throughout Europe?

47 minutes ago, mafya said:

There was more outrage about the killing of George Floyd who was a convicted drug addict criminal than the murder, rape and kidnapping of thousands of Jews

We only have to look at who was outraged at his killing and i bet they're the same people who support Palestine 

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Has there been of any reports about attacks on Muslims or defacing of Muslim businesses or mosques anywhere throughout Europe?

I don't think there have been any attacks but people have been saying hurtful things on Twitter which is just as bad as someone firebombing a Synagogue in Berlin 

If not worse 🤔

Edited by Jack Grey

48 minutes ago, mafya said:

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Hundreds or are you talking recently?

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

There was more outrage about the killing of George Floyd who was a convicted drug addict criminal than the murder, rape and kidnapping of thousands of Jews

We only have to look at who was outraged at his killing and i bet they're the same people who support Palestine 

I don't think there have been any attacks but people have been saying hurtful things on Twitter which is just as bad as someone firebombing a Synagogue in Berlin 

If not worse 🤔

Truly bizarre.

Imagine supporting a bloke who was a career criminal and being in support of folk whom a large majority will treat women as second class citizens and want homosexuals to be punished.

🤪🤪

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:thumbsup:

Hundreds or are you talking recently?

Since the war started.

I've been synagogues damaged, Jewish businesses vandalized and hate crimes towards the Jewish community rise, but I was wondering if these same attacks were happening to Muslims.