The Yom Kippur War .

8 minutes ago, mafya said:

Hamas fighters are men but that wasn’t what I asked, when are the UK and European countries going to start allowing Palestinian  refugees seek safety due to the bombing and the bombing that’s about to come just like what happened in Ukraine?

I already know the answer and the double standards are clear for all the world to see.

The UK is also complicit in the war crimes being committed by Israel by saying they have the right to defend themselves but not condemning them for stopping food and water to innocent people.

My thinking is that if Israel goes in with boots on the ground then others will join in because I think the injustice being done to the Palestinians has reached a tipping point.

Selective outrage seems to be the in thing nowadays…

I fully agree with you regarding the double standards in this middle east crisis.

I absolutely deplore what the terrorists did and have made that perfectly clear throughout  this thread but that doesn't give Israel the right to ignore all International law and commit war crimes at will.

I'm disgusted by the actions of both the British & American Governments in pursuing such a one sided policy which will only prolong the problems in the long run.

Yes,  we are indeed seeing selective outrage at work.

19 minutes ago, mafya said:

Hamas fighters are men but that wasn’t what I asked, when are the UK and European countries going to start allowing Palestinian  refugees seek safety due to the bombing and the bombing that’s about to come just like what happened in Ukraine?

I already know the answer and the double standards are clear for all the world to see.

The UK is also complicit in the war crimes being committed by Israel by saying they have the right to defend themselves but not condemning them for stopping food and water to innocent people.

My thinking is that if Israel goes in with boots on the ground then others will join in because I think the injustice being done to the Palestinians has reached a tipping point.

Selective outrage seems to be the in thing nowadays…

Well, quite.

Aye, I thought you might end up blaming the UK eventually, I would have put my bottom dollar on that.

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why are Palestinians beholden to Israel for water and electricity ?

I've often thought this.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well, quite.

Aye, I thought you might end up blaming the UK eventually, I would have put my bottom dollar on that.

You should of course,  expect that when we turn a blind eye to one country breaking International Law and give them our full support whilst supplying arms to another

country to  fight against the  very same thing happening in Ukraine.  Our foreign policy is all over the place and has been for a long time.

Yes,  most definitely selective outrage.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Just seen on Newsnight . Biden wants to send aid to Gaza and supply Israel with billions of dollars of arms . Doesn’t one cancel out the other?

No because one is food and medicine 

And the other is weapons

Totally different things 

Don't try and eat a hand grenade 

27 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why are Palestinians beholden to Israel for water and electricity ?

Its more like a prison, apartheid.

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just seen on Newsnight . Biden wants to send aid to Gaza and supply Israel with billions of dollars of arms . Doesn’t one cancel out the other?

Russia funds the Conservative party, then we spend a couple of billion supporting Ukraine 

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

No because one is food and medicine 

And the other is weapons

Totally different things 

Don't try and eat a hand grenade 

Yes . Send one aid because of the bombings , send the other more bombs to do the bombings. Doesn’t make sense .

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes . Send one aid because of the bombings , send the other more bombs to do the bombings. Doesn’t make sense .

HAMAS have weapons so I guess it's only fair to give the Israelis weapons too

And the food and medicine is for the civilians

But I'm sure Hamas will take what they want from it anyway