The Yom Kippur War .

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

No core values?

That's why the world is in the current mess!

No clear leadership!

A Trump fan boy, talking about "values" with a straight face... I mean, under the circumstances... who're you trying to kid?

Priceless! 🤣

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I've already said that in a past post.

I'm not particularly interested in what the Western World thinks and what they think is slowly changing anyway because realisation is dawning.

You may always decide to go along with the majority but I'm not a follower and I always make my own mind up.

The Western World and it's present day double standards are not something I'm very proud of so I'm quite happy to think differently to them

That's why you and I have different views of Northern Ireland too.   Strangely enough,  the Irish Government were the first in the world  to call for a ceasefire.

I don't like to see big nations bullying smaller ones any more than strong men bullying weak ones.

I simply want to see peace in Palestine and  that shouldn't be a bad aim for anybody.   The peaceful Palestinians have already suffered for 50 or more years. 

We both want to see a lasting peace.

This can only come about by compromise and clear borders being drawn.

Past history must be forgotten and those who want to create a "cause" because of real or perceived wrongs must be shunned.

Raking up past grievances only causes problems resulting in death and destruction for future generations.

The present and future are what matter not what happened when times were different.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Past history must be forgotten and those who want to create a "cause" because of real or perceived wrongs must be shunned.

Raking up past grievances only causes problems resulting in death and destruction for future generations.

The present and future are what matter not what happened when times were different.

Clear borders were drawn many many years ago and the Israeli's have completely ignored  those borders, driven Palestinians out of their homes,  and stolen their lends.

Let your neighbour come and take half your garden,  then decide he wants your kitchen and then a bedroom and orders your kids where they can or can't go. 

Do you forget the past and just start from how things were on October 7th.

First of all a cease fire must be called.  Then Israel has to accept that it must respect borders and also accept UN resolutions made to safeguard them both.

Easy for anyone who has not had their country stolen from them to say past history must be forgotten.

Get out of this comfort zone you live in and live in the real world.   The first time you get burgled and possibly your wife and kids harmed,  you won't be so forgiving.

Edited by Organgrinder

17 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Human nature Harvey.

Folks cling on to their grudges, excuses, religions, cults, and blame regardless!

For some, the world in in a mess because of "the other guys", and don't hold the current job holders to account. 

The result is endless wars, killing and destruction! But the sad truth is some people actually thrive on dysfunction and mayhem, which is why it continues.

No way to run a business, a country, or the World! :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Folks cling on to their grudges, excuses, religions, cults, and blame regardless!

For some, the world in in a mess because of "the other guys", and don't hold the current job holders to account. 

As evidenced by your many posts completely failing to do so re: anything Trump...

...and laughable attempts to pin blame on Biden, regardless of any relevance.

As usual, your description above is far more apt of your own posts, than just about anyone else on this forum. :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

past history must be forgotten.

to justify terrorism,

But:

"Chekhov wants to go back to the beginning of the argument and run it through all over again now".

to justify his argument that we should all move on and forget the extreme COVID Mandates, and shutting down of the World's economy and schools, of the past!  :)

A proper Man for All Seasons (and Reasons) is our Orgy. bless him!

Edited by trastrick
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, trastrick said:

to justify terrorism,

But:

"Chekhov wants to go back to the beginning of the argument and run it through all over again now".

to justify his argument that we should all move on and forget the extreme COVID Mandates, and shutting down of the World's economy and schools, of the past!  :)

Remind us again, which administrations implemented those mandates? 🙄

Regardless, this is not the Covid thread.

Edited by Magilla

30 minutes ago, trastrick said:

to justify terrorism,

But:

A proper Man for All Seasons (and Reasons) is our Orgy. bless him!

I normally ignore you and your long rambles,  mainly because I don't think you have the intelligence to debate against  BUT

Nobody on this forum has tried to justify terrorism   -   Try and prove otherwise if you wish.    The terrorists have been well and truly condemned BY EVERYONE.

We are talking about the Israel Palestine dispute and NOT COvID  

Meaning your entire post is somewhere between lies and pointless.    Try thinking before you write your rubbish.

Edited by Organgrinder

25 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Remind us again, which administrations implemented those mandates? 🙄

Regardless, this is not the Covid thread.

The guys not interested in anyone's opinion if it doesn't align with his cult like narrative so just tries to discredit their opinion or calls them liars.

He just stomps around all day like he owns the forum and spits his dummy out and everything at anything

He's become very predictable, tedious and really really boring.

Edited by Jack Grey