The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

No difference what so ever, They were calling for the destruction of Israel and chanting ,"from the river to the sea . A free Palestine and a free Israel is what we all want. Not a Holy war .

it sounds like you are mixed up with what they were shouting

Just now, harvey19 said:

I am not privy to why decisions are made at government level but am sure there was a good reason.

Are you suggesting the state of Isreal is abolished ?

Didn't take long for your argument to fall on it's face.

The good reason is          We have 2 codes of conduct       one for people we like and another for people we don't like.

There should be ONE RULE FOR ALL.

I wouldn't suggest anything like that for Israel so don't you put your words in my mouth.

I was an Israel supporter until 3 weeks ago and have condemned the terrorists and I.ve said that Israel should GET OUT OF PALESTINE.

Now I say that they should stop killing innocents, hold a cease fire and with draw from Palestine.

Both countries have suffered more than enough.

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

No core values?

That's why the world is in the current mess!

No clear leadership!

'I was in favor of the war before I was against it' is a common running theme!  :)

What are your core values on war, civilian deaths,terrorists,freedom fighters.

How about respect for national borders.

I think it’s quite a conundrum if you try to take a completely unbiased view

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Didn't take long for your argument to fall on it's face.

The good reason is          We have 2 codes of conduct       one for people we like and another for people we don't like.

There should be ONE RULE FOR ALL.

I wouldn't suggest anything like that for Israel so don't you put your words in my mouth.

I was an Israel supporter until 3 weeks ago and have condemned the terrorists and I.ve said that Israel should GET OUT OF PALESTINE.

Now I say that they should stop killing innocents, hold a cease fire and with draw from Palestine.

Both countries have suffered more than enough.

Maybe if the hostages were released  peace would prevail. What do you think.

Sorry I don't know as much about the Falklands as you do but please enlighten me as to why we want to keep them.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

What are your core values on war, civilian deaths,terrorists,freedom fighters.

How about respect for national borders.

I think it’s quite a conundrum if you try to take a completely unbiased view

I don't think a state of war has been declared between the two sides therefore the situation is even more confusing.