The Yom Kippur War .

25 minutes ago, cressida said:

There was a young woman shown on Sky News being kidnapped on a motorbike,  later shown drinking from a bottle of water - her poor father was distraught so must have been another woman who was the grandmother.

I believed both Israeli and America intelligence services to be first class ,  why wasn't this attack on their 'radar'?

The Mossad were one of the best and most feared intelligence agencies in the world.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cressida said:

There was a young woman shown on Sky News being kidnapped on a motorbike,  later shown drinking from a bottle of water - her poor father was distraught so must have been another woman who was the grandmother.

I believed both Israeli and America intelligence services to be first class ,  why wasn't this attack on their 'radar'?

My bold

Hmmmm, yes. Weird that isn't it. 

21 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

A terrorist is a person that tries to change a political situation by non democratic means.

A terrorist will often create a situation where there is a repercussion and the terrorist will then exploit that repercussion.

Terrorists commit civil CRIMES whereas in a war the Geneva Convention deals with war crimes.

Who says ?  and then explain yourself regarding political situation and non democratic.

You are one of the reprehensible type who always claims the other side are terrorists and we are the straight up,  god fearing freedom fighters as we have claimed throughout history.

I think you'll find that in wars,  there are no politics and also in wars,  there's no such things as democratic means.

Every nation who goes to war, commit terrorism when they harm innocent civilians and that is exactly what every nation does,  including ourselves.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Who says ?  and then explain yourself regarding political situation and non democratic.

You are one of the reprehensible type who always claims the other side are terrorists and we are the straight up,  god fearing freedom fighters as we have claimed throughout history.

I think you'll find that in wars,  there are no politics and also in wars,  there's no such things as democratic means.

Every nation who goes to war, commit terrorism when they harm innocent civilians and that is exactly what every nation does,  including ourselves.

Dads army

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

There were IRA campaigns in the 1950s and more recently.

If republicans had worked for the betterment of the 6 counties instead of not accepting the existence of them unification may have come sooner

There were 2 stumbling blocks, the planters had brought wealth and industry to the north and the strong hold of the Catholic Church in the south.

Terrorists are not romantic figures but criminals, they are people who commit horrific crimes and bring lifelong pain to relatives of their victims.

Knee capping , tar and feathering , taking mothers away from their kids and shooting them in the head  , All under cover and with faces covered off course , I mean who would want to be recognized for such brave up front behavior . 

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

you are very mixed up between what happens in wartime and when war has not been declared.

33 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Cowardly murdering innocent civilians. 

Like the Glennane Gang consisting of 25 British soldiers and police officers who were responsible for murdering over 120 innocent civilians and the the British state forces that colluded and took part in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings killing 33 people and an unborn eight month old baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenanne_gang

https://cain.ulster.ac.uk/victims/docs/newspapers/sunday_business_post/heatley_spb_040207.pdf

Those type of terrorists?

Tell us, when a country has democratically expressed its wish to be independent by vote and has had that wish denied by state force what is left for them to do about it?

Your biased view of what happened during the troubles is quite worrying.

You definitely need to get things in proportion.

Before concentrating of crimes of one side TRY to read and learn about crimes committed by all sides.

Whichever side the terrorists were on they were criminals and should be held to account.

You have omitted to explain why the country was split and details of Collins and DeValera.

Do you think the killings and mailings were justified to try and achieve a united Ireland. ?

To answer your question the catholic birth rate is greater than the non catholic one and therefore they would be able to win a vote for peaceful reunification, if they so wished.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

You are defending , Hamas do not represent the people who live in Gaza. , they are a bunch of gangsters who are now murdering kidnapping and raping . Carry on with your pretense that they are heroic freedom fighters . It shows just how nasty you are .

You missed my post where I expressed my dislike of Hamas and the Iranian regime then? And I haven't said they are heroic freedom fighters either. If you have to make stuff up to 'win' an argument it shows you don't have much to put up as a counter.

I'll ask again - how do Palestinians get the autonomy and sovereignty they want without resorting to violence? Because my understanding is that the reason Hamas are in charge in Gaza is that Fatah were rejected because their path of negotiation with Israel failed. So what now?