The Yom Kippur War .

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Anti Semitism its on this forum in spades , even a blind man could see it .

But more so when surrounded by hate ,

There's also the same against Islam but you don't seem to mind that.

That's seen on this forum too.

Why is there so few who would accept both of them,  if they would just settle down and stop being bolshie ?

Edited by Organgrinder

This tragedy has a long history, it did not begin with the latest atrocities.

Back in 1915/16 Britain made promises to the Palestinians in order to obtain their support in the war against the Turks. The Palestinians understood that Britain would back a Palestinian homeland in return for them fighting alongside the British. 

https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine/World-War-I-and-after#:~:text=Palestinian Arabs%2C however%2C believed that,which the British made certain

In 1917 the British also promised the Jews a homeland in Palestine to obtain their support in WW1.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/conflict-Palestine

We didn't acquire the soubriquet Perfidious Albion without a certain amount of just cause. As Sir Walter Scott put it " Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive "

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Back in 1915/16 Britain made promises to the Palestinians in order to obtain their support in the war against the Turks. The Palestinians understood that Britain would back a Palestinian homeland in return for them fighting alongside the British. 

https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine/World-War-I-and-after#:~:text=Palestinian Arabs%2C however%2C believed that,which the British made certain

In 1917 the British also promised the Jews a homeland in Palestine to obtain their support in WW1.

We didn't acquire the soubriquet Perfidious Albion without a certain amount of just cause. As Sir Walter Scott put it " Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive "

Correct  but,   even real facts will not persuade those on here who are too prejudiced simply because they don't like Islam or got brainwashed at Sunday School.

Edited by Organgrinder

20 minutes ago, m williamson said:

A civilized society cannot go into perpetual self flagellation over what their ancestors did or did not do hundreds or thousands of years ago. It would never end!

All we can do is do the best we can now.

Edited by trastrick

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

A civilized society cannot go into perpetual self flagellation over what their ancestors did or did not do hundreds or thousands of years ago. It would never end!

All we can do is do the best we can now.

It wasn't thousands of years ago and the consequences are still playing out to this very day.

Both groups are entitled to a homeland. Both groups should be able to live in peace. But as usual there are a small but influential minority on both sides who won't accept peaceful compromise and cause the obscenities to happen.

The Palestinians were displaced and had a natural grievance. However,  the Jewish people had been discriminated against practically all over the world and deserved a Homeland. The Jews were entitled to defend that home and still are, but they shouldn't have encroached into Palestinian territory and built settlements.

The UN found against them back in the sixties and ordered them to remove the settlements and return to legally recognised Israel. Not only did they ignore that they built 33 more settlements.

Neither side is completely right in this catastrophe and neither is completely wrong which makes it virtually unsolvable. The one thing that is completely certain is that the continual ongoing slaughter of innocents from both sides will not resolve anything. 

A spokesman from Hamas was interviewed on the radio earlier this afternoon,  it was going quite well until the interviewer mentioned people being bombed whilst they were asleep,  the Hamas guy had said they only targeted the military - anyway he walked off.

56 minutes ago, cressida said:

A spokesman from Hamas was interviewed on the radio earlier this afternoon,  it was going quite well until the interviewer mentioned people being bombed whilst they were asleep,  the Hamas guy had said they only targeted the military - anyway he walked off.

I saw that on TV News too and that was a plain public admittance that they knew they were in the wrong.

There is nothing to choose between them and they should both declare a cease fire and get round the table for the sake of both their citizens..

It did say that there are growing public concerns among the Israelis and it sounds like Netanyahu is sailing close to the wind.

Similar sentiments in our Labour party for Starmer to give equal consideration to both sides. 

Maybe the Labour party will start to reign Starmer in and show him that everyone has a voice.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

There's also the same against Islam but you don't seem to mind that.

That's seen on this forum too.

Why is there so few who would accept both of them,  if they would just settle down and stop being bolshie ?

Not seen any Jewish people or sympathisers marching chanting hate .

Nor have any tore flags down from the Town Hall (strange how they got past all the police and security int it).

I know why this is though , Its because those Jewish people or sympathisers would be in fear of their lives , I witnessed it last Saturday when I questioned their motives to a couple of the flag wavers .

58 minutes ago, cressida said:

He did not have a answer so he ran .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

You forgot to mention Trump!

No, what I want to achieve is to bomb the barbarian animals, back into the stone age.

No I didn’t forget.

I quoted his opinion on the willingness of Netanyahu to make any meaningful move towards a settlement,but that doesn’t sit well with you.

As for the rest,what an arse you are.

The epitome of an armchair warrior

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not seen any Jewish people or sympathisers marching chanting hate .

Nor have any tore flags down from the Town Hall (strange how they got past all the police and security int it).

I know why this is though , Its because those Jewish people or sympathisers would be in fear of their lives , I witnessed it last Saturday when I questioned their motives to a couple of the flag wavers .

He did not have a answer so he ran .

Shouldn't have been any flags on the Town Hall to tear down .