The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, cressida said:

How can so many people behave like that,  the people on the plane who are Jewish have had nothing to do with the orders of the Israeli government,  deep down the mob know that,  but they still want to be seen - as if they are in charge - as a force to be reckoned with,  disgraceful and appalling behaviour.

My bold:   Very true,  as is the same for the innocent people of Palestine.  

Shocking isn't it.  

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I'm sure the lovely chaps in the russian airport are just concerned for the welfare of Palestinians and they're not really anti-Semitic.

Israel and Palestine is a very complicated issue but in many ways it's not. Israel is under a constant state of attack from its neighbours but it's response is often horrific and change is needed. Hamas needs no words.

That leaves the poor ordinary Palestinians as a victim of both and they deserve better. The starting point for that is that Hamas needs to go, however it's now more of an ideology than an organisation so no idea how that happens.

I'm not sure that the rank hypocrisy of the left is helpful.

People who couldn't give a damn about oppressed and ruined lives in Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, China et al are all of a sudden human rights champions for the Palestinians. Some of them are on this thread.

It's wrong to say that everyone on these marches are racist and anti-Semitic. But many of them are and many are hypocrites. They are nowhere for other people in the region.

And these marches show the problem we have with radical islam in this country. Values that are not aligned to our own and if they were the values of the Tory party or the BNP the left would rightly call them out. But on radical Islam the left is silent at best, justifying at worst.

I can agree with much of that.

What I continue to find difficult to understand is how the retribution being meted out will achieve the stated objectives.

An Israeli spokesman said that dozens of Hamas fighters had been killed,but set that against thousands of civilians.

The extreme ideology will remain .

Hezbollah grew from the response of Israel to relatively low level terrorist activity in Lebanon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Israel and Palestine is a very complicated issue but in many ways it's not. Israel is under a constant state of attack from its neighbours but it's response is often horrific and change is needed. Hamas needs no words.

That leaves the poor ordinary Palestinians as a victim of both and they deserve better. The starting point for that is that Hamas needs to go, however it's now more of an ideology than an organisation so no idea how that happens.

People who couldn't give a damn about oppressed and ruined lives in Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, China et al are all of a sudden human rights champions for the Palestinians. Some of them are on this thread.

It's wrong to say that everyone on these marches are racist and anti-Semitic. But many of them are and many are hypocrites. They are nowhere for other people in the region.

And these marches show the problem we have with radical islam in this country. Values that are not aligned to our own and if they were the values of the Tory party or the BNP the left would rightly call them out. But on radical Islam the left is silent at best, justifying at worst.

I too,  can agree with some of that ( in bold ) and consider it to be the first truly sensible post I've seen from this poster.

Shame it had to be made laughable by the silly references to "the left" which always have to be included in Bundy's posts.

It's fine to make assertions about "lefties" but I don't remember any "righties" complaining about  Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, or China.

I have in the past, made references to the atrocities that happened in Syria and I have also mentioned the Afghanistan fiasco quite a lot. I've called China out for it's ethnic cleansing and for Hong Kong.

To add to that,  I have also written about the disgraceful treatment of the poor in this country, which Bundy conveniently forgets whilst casting abroad.

I see the present marches as more of a protest than a radical Islam problem.  Radicals can always be expected to join in on something like this and I don't find that surprising.

I don't want to see problems from "radical Islam" any more than righties do and I also wouldn't justify it.

Bundy unfortunately doesn't understand the difference between the words "explain" and "justify"   A very big difference.  I can "explain" why we have terrorists   -   that doesn't "justify" those terrorists.

If he's so worried about radical Islam in this country,  he should call for implementation of International Law rather than ignoring it and try not to ride roughshod over oppressed people.

His views are the very ones which are storing up trouble for the future, with the possibility that those troubles could be over here instead of the middle east.

You are also lying Bundy   -   there has been more universal condemnation on this forum, of radicals & terrrorists than I have ever seen before from both sides of the fence.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I'm sure the lovely chaps in the russian airport are just concerned for the welfare of Palestinians and they're not really anti-Semitic.

Absolutely correct.

This mornings radio 5 live , A report of almost a 25% rise in anti semantic attacks in Europe ,Russia and the UK .

Spain has the most violent , A Country that  suffered under Franco and his Nazis .

Russia under Stalin and his purgers .

And the UK the so called defender of freedom to all comers .

The World is once again slipping into the 1930's  when millions were exterminated due to people following like sheep the marching hordes that are now allowed to peddle their hate on our Streets .

This situation is quite Biblical and has been going on in one form or another for thousands of years. 

If nothing else we should have realised by now that we live on a global planet and are all connected as part of the human race, and all want roughly the same things - to live a peaceful existence, family life, with access to the necessary things that sustain that life, like food, water and shelter.   

So far so simple... So where did it all go wrong?

IMO greed.

At first it was about survival, survival of the fittest; those fastest to get food, water and shelter survived, and had to fight off others to protect it. But that has long since ceased to be a problem.

With our technology there are enough resources in the world to sustain everyone if it's shared out equitably, but that's not enough for some who always want more.

So we have wars to get it. How stupid is that?

Jesus knew the answer (and remember he lived in the heart of this troubled area and witnessed what we're witnessing now.) Love thy neighbour, as thyself.

27 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

This mornings radio 5 live , A report of almost a 25% rise in anti semantic attacks in Europe ,Russia and the UK .

Spain has the most violent , A Country that  suffered under Franco and his Nazis .

Russia under Stalin and his purgers .

And the UK the so called defender of freedom to all comers .

The World is once again slipping into the 1930's  when millions were exterminated due to people following like sheep the marching hordes that are now allowed to peddle their hate on our Streets .

I can't understand why everyone is so surprised    -    that's completely predictable    -    as is what happens in the future.

So it's nowt to do with killing people we don't like then ?

When will the world realise that,      If you carry on doing the same things,  the result will always be the same.

If you want to change the result,   then change what you're doing.

Edited by Organgrinder

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I can't understand why everyone is so surprised    -    that's completely predictable    -    as is what happens in the future.

So it's nowt to do with killing people we don't like then ?

When will the world realise that,      If you carry on doing the same things,  the result will always be the same.

If you want to change the result,   then change what you're doing.

I do not get that at all ,   you are either for or against the anti semantic marches now taking place or for them . 

No standing in the middle you get hit by truck going both ways 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

This situation is quite Biblical and has been going on in one form or another for thousands of years. 

If nothing else we should have realised by now that we live on a global planet and are all connected as part of the human race, and all want roughly the same things - to live a peaceful existence, family life, with access to the necessary things that sustain that life, like food, water and shelter.   

So far so simple... So where did it all go wrong?

IMO greed.

At first it was about survival, survival of the fittest; those fastest to get food, water and shelter survived, and had to fight off others to protect it. But that has long since ceased to be a problem.

With our technology there are enough resources in the world to sustain everyone if it's shared out equitably, but that's not enough for some who always want more.

So we have wars to get it. How stupid is that?

Jesus knew the answer (and remember he lived in the heart of this troubled area and witnessed what we're witnessing now.) Love thy neighbour, as thyself.

As always a good post Anna.

Can I just add, Food Water and Shelter has been replaced by Greed, Power and Money...

• Like 1