The Yom Kippur War .

2 hours ago, mafya said:

😂 how is asking you if you can read aggressive?

Stop trying to label me and my view is not blinkered it is a view shared by others.

Anyway Netenyahu quotes the bible in this article to justify his actions=
https://apple.news/AEcGDCcz3SOWjxi1mEVEFLA

Netenyahu is a big part of the problem, he doesn’t want a 2 state solution and this is well documented. Unfortunately Hamas by doing what they did have now given him the opportunity to do what he has always wanted which was to bomb the hell out of the Palestinians.

There is a rumour going round on the internet that Netanyahu was indeed fully briefed by intelligence operatives that an attack was imminent and he could have prevented it, but didn't. He wanted an excuse to go into Gaza, and this attack  provided the perfect opportunity...

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

There is a rumour going round on the internet that Netanyahu was indeed fully briefed by intelligence operatives that an attack was imminent and he could have prevented it, but didn't. He wanted an excuse to go into Gaza, and this attack  provided the perfect opportunity...

That’s Internet rumours for you. 99.9999% bull****.

However, the Israelis have been suckered in by Iran and Hamas. This response is exactly what they wanted to foment further division in the region.

Its a stupid response from Israel, led by a stupid PM,

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

However, the Israelis have been suckered in by Iran and Hamas. This response is exactly what they wanted to foment further division in the region.

“ foment “ Good word :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, I always thought that was the case with the 9/11 attacks because Israel is up there when it comes to weapons, technology, secret service(Mossad) etc.

I did mention in an earlier post that Hamas has given Israel an excuse to do as it pleases.

The bombing by Israel is risky for the hostages but Netanyahu still goes ahead with it when on the news hostage families had placards saying all for all meaning hostage exchange but to Netanyahu and the other  zionists the hostages are unfortunately pawns in this whole situation.

3 hours ago, mafya said:

I wouldn’t be surprised, I always thought that was the case with the 9/11 attacks because Israel is up there when it comes to weapons, technology, secret service(Mossad) etc.

I did mention in an earlier post that Hamas has given Israel an excuse to do as it pleases.

The bombing by Israel is risky for the hostages but Netanyahu still goes ahead with it when on the news hostage families had placards saying all for all meaning hostage exchange but to Netanyahu and the other  zionists the hostages are unfortunately pawns in this whole situation.

What a shock.

🙄

7 hours ago, RJRB said:

That’s good.

Pretty much the same when I meet up with my 3 Unitedite mates ,2 of which have always voted Conservative.

Stay off contentious subjects and we have all been mates since junior school days.

More recently I still correspond regularly with a couple of Jewish guys who worked for the same firm but in the States.

That’s a different side to the coin compared with those who can engender such hate for people that they don’t know.

Lol

Cuttsie and I were under no such "woke", "rules of engagement" in our conversation.

That's how life is, for normal people, and what we used to call, "proper Sheffielders".

It's the same where I live in the DR. No "tippy toes" tension around "certain subjects". Folks feel free to speak their minds, and are not backward in coming forward.They have a bemused attitude to the way the "enlightened" West screw up themselves and the World.

As my mom, dear old Flo used to say, "Let 'em get on with it!".

Mother Nature takes care of it. It's called Darwinism. :)

When you folks up there win or lose against the enemies who are out to destroy you, The Caribbean will be here for the winners, Hope you pick the right side, but it looks like you are confused about who the bad guys are!

Anyways, nobody wants to eradicate the DR,  :)

Only a few self appointed "moral supremacists" harp on about how bad it is, and try to pick it apart, as evidenced here on SF, but they don't count!

They would be wise to concentrate putting their own house in order, but hey, Human Nature!  :) 

Edited by trastrick
  • Haha 1

@trastrick

The Caribbean can be a wonderful place to live and visit.

Your rose tinted specs are obviously just reading glasses as they fail to  illuminate some of the issues inCuba,Haiti,Jamaica.

Just like most other places there are the relative haves and have nots and there are some who have no wish to look beyond their own circle

11 hours ago, mafya said:

Zionist Jews like Netanyahu are the ones blocking a 2 state solution and I have read up on what Zionism is about. I know all Jewish people are not like Netanyahu and I wish that people who decide to tar all Jewish people as the same would watch this type of video to learn.

He's not particularly well liked even in Israel, currently facing a court case for corruption that could send him to prison I believe?

I think half the reason he's in power is because he's a hard liner, taking a strong position against Hamas and the regular rocket attacks, and people gravitate towards him because of that.  Had things been calmer, I don't think he'd be in power, not for so long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Possibly.  I did say it was a rumour, but it has the ring of truth about it.

And let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time this tactic has been used.

Rumours / conspiracies have been proved right in the past, and there are still many more to come out. Politics is a dirty business.

Edited by Anna B