The Yom Kippur War .

39 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

When the enemy does not wear uniform or is part of an army how do you know who the terrorist is ?

If the terrorists were not acting in collusion with the government why hasn’t the Hamas government handed them over. ?

Wasn’t it a legal agreement for the creation of the state of Israel ?

So if you can't differentiate,  is it best to blow every living thing up then ?

Because the Hama government being the political wing of Hamas won't hand over their own kind to the enemy.

Remember that,  though the government is political rathe than terror fighters,  the Israelis are still regarded as the enemy.

I'm pretty sure the creation of the 2 states was legal but who bothers with "legal"  these days ?  and thereby lies the problem.

Countries all over the world break International Law all the time including ourselves, USA, Russia, China and God knows how many more.

If the United Nations worked properly and the International Laws were enforced,  Palestine and Israel would both be protected but why make life sensible ?

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Equating terrorists with a sovereign democracy, is the product of a naive, amoral mind!

(And leads to the inevitable he said, she said, endless wars)

Ordinary peaceful Palestinian citizens  ARE NOT Terrorists.  Palestine does not even have an army.

I  would sooner be regarded as naive than having a terrorist type bloodlust.

In your case,  I hold so little regard for your words,  thoughts and intelligence levels,  that I don't give a damn what you think anyway.

40 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

So if you can't differentiate,  is it best to blow every living thing up then ?

Because the Hama government being the political wing of Hamas won't hand over their own kind to the enemy.

Remember that,  though the government is political rathe than terror fighters,  the Israelis are still regarded as the enemy.

I'm pretty sure the creation of the 2 states was legal but who bothers with "legal"  these days ?  and thereby lies the problem.

Countries all over the world break International Law all the time including ourselves, USA, Russia, China and God knows how many more.

If the United Nations worked properly and the International Laws were enforced,  Palestine and Israel would both be protected but why make life sensible ?

When that ****ee bag walked into Manchester Arena in civilian clothes and blew little lads and lasses up he should have wore a uniform then we all would have know he was a real soldier and not just another coward blowing kids up at a music venue .

Carry on making excuses . 

43 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Ordinary peaceful Palestinian citizens  ARE NOT Terrorists.  Palestine does not even have an army.

I  would sooner be regarded as naive than having a terrorist type bloodlust.

In your case,  I hold so little regard for your words,  thoughts and intelligence levels,  that I don't give a damn what you think anyway.

The Hamas cowards are hiding amongst their own people using them as human shields 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Equating terrorists with a sovereign democracy, is the product of a naive, amoral mind!

(And leads to the inevitable he said, she said, endless wars)

I think the discussion relates to the actions of terrorists and the actions sanctioned by a democracy.

Being a democracy does not automatically confer any moral responsibility on its leaders.

The actions of a democracy according to Amnesty International https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/press-release/2017/04/israel-must-end-unlawful-and-cruel-policies-towards-palestinian-prisoners/

Numbers of those detained most without trial has doubled ver the last few days and accept it or not it is a major reason for all attempts to take hostages.

That is as bargaining chips.

Edited by RJRB

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Another thing I keep reading is the outrage about Palestinians not being Hamas, therefore why are they suffering?

I am trying to research the same outrage about  Russian athletes, professional Russian and Belarus sportsmen and women being prevented from earning a living because of the actions of their leaders.

Can't find any outrage about that.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

What an idiotic statement .

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

The Hamas cowards are hiding amongst their own people using them as human shields 

Everyone knows that  -  that's how terrorists work.      What everyone doesn't know is what to do about it.

How many hundreds of years do you want to keep trying  and failing  before you realise that you can't kill them all.

Have you ever heard that,  "If you keep on doing the same thing,   you will keep on getting the same result  -  failure". 

In the end,  I think they will have to do a deal as they did in Northern Ireland.

Problem 1   -    You can't tell who they are so you can't kill them all  ( that's what they do it for silly ).

Solution :          Try a better plan then   -   something that might work,  instead of being daft and creating more terrorists.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

When that ****ee bag walked into Manchester Arena in civilian clothes and blew little lads and lasses up he should have wore a uniform then we all would have know he was a real soldier and not just another coward blowing kids up at a music venue .

I know full well what happened at Manchester.   But who's making excuses and where ?    Are you p*ssed again ?

Neither I,  nor anyone else has ever made excuses for any terrorist incident that ever happened so you must be seeing things after your Stoooonses.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

As this thread is dedicated to Israel /Arab relations then Islamic terrorists are totally relevant.

However they are not the only source of terrorism in the world.

Numerous other examples are available and they all hide within the community.

America has had a fair few ,all with their cause whether it be white supremacy,anti government,anti abortion.

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

As this thread is dedicated to Israel /Arab relations then Islamic terrorists are totally relevant.

However they are not the only source of terrorism in the world.

Numerous other examples are available and they all hide within the community.

America has had a fair few ,all with their cause whether it be white supremacy,anti government,anti abortion.

And they are all murdering scum bags