The Yom Kippur War .

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

In the end,  I think they will have to do a deal as they did in Northern Ireland.

The problem with that is that in Northern Ireland the PIRA and their political wing Sinn Féin were only  fighting to remove the influence of another country from interfering Irelands affairs.

They did not seek to remove the presence of those people of a different culture from the country. Many Republican hero's such as Wolfe Tone,  Henry Grattan , Robert Emmet, Charles Stuart Parnell, Sam Maguire and many more were protestants.

Any current Unionist - of whatever religion - who accepts democracy  will be welcomed into a reunited Ireland when that happens, as it inevitably will.

That doesn't appear to be the case with the Hamas fanatics. It would seem that their hatred of Jews is such that nothing but the complete extermination of them will satisfy their blood lust.

Hamas have to be defeated, but in my opinion Israel are going about it in the wrong way and turning opinion against them while increasing recruits for Hamas.

8 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The problem with that is that in Northern Ireland the PIRA and their political wing Sinn Féin were only  fighting to remove the influence of another country from interfering Irelands affairs.

They did not seek to remove the presence of those people of a different culture from the country. Many Republican hero's such as Wolfe Tone,  Henry Grattan , Robert Emmet, Charles Stuart Parnell, Sam Maguire and many more were protestants.

Any current Unionist - of whatever religion - who accepts democracy  will be welcomed into a reunited Ireland when that happens, as it inevitably will.

That doesn't appear to be the case with the Hamas fanatics. It would seem that their hatred of Jews is such that nothing but the complete extermination of them will satisfy their blood lust.

Hamas have to be defeated, but in my opinion Israel are going about it in the wrong way and turning opinion against them while increasing recruits for Hamas.

What other way is there if the Palestinians and their neighbours just want to externimate the Jews .

28 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I agree with what you say and I have also said in the past that it's harder than dealing with Northern Ireland.

That's why I have said that the world must police, and guarantee the safety of both Israel and Palestine in a 2 state solution.

This still leaves Hamas to be dealt with and a peace process will not work with them but ,   you will never,   ever,  bomb them out of existence whilst you bomb innocent civilians.

Would it have worked if we had tried to bomb Northern Ireland to oblivion ?   Of course not so we didn't even try.

It will take brains,  not bombs and it will mean also,   doing something about Iran.

18 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

What other way is there if the Palestinians and their neighbours just want to externimate the Jews .

Set up a real 2 state solution which the world must police and enforce and make sure they protect the citizens of Israel AND Palestine.

Edited by Organgrinder

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree with what you say and I have also said in the past that it's harder than dealing with Northern Ireland.

That's why I have said that the world must police, and guarantee the safety of both Israel and Palestine in a 2 state solution.

This still leaves Hamas to be dealt with and a peace process will not work with them but ,   you will never,   ever,  bomb them out of existence whilst you bomb innocent civilians.

It will take brains,  not bombs and it will mean also,   doing something about Iran.

Set up a real 2 state solution which the world must police and enforce and make sure they protect the citizens of Israel AND Palestine.

Some thing like the United Nations ,   As to me being  drunk as you accused me of , then its a waste of time discussing with you any more , so ignore from now on please. button now pressed .

Edited by cuttsie

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Some thing like the United Nations ,   As to me being  drunk as you accused me of , then its a waste of time discussing with you any more , so ignore from now on please. button now pressed .

Don't do that Cuttsie , you're playing right into his hands  . 

37 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

They need to concentrate on the Hamas leaders. Hamas does not represent all Palestinians in exactly the same way that our government and every previous government we've had doesn't represent all of the British electorate.

Not saying that's a simple thing to do but Israel have Mossad one of the most efficient and ruthless Secret Services in the world and they are backed by the US the most powerful nation on earth.

That means they have access to relevant CIA information, satellite coverage and undercover agents in many countries.

They also have many other countries including the UK, France and Germany on their side.

Their present strategy of out and out revenge attacks is going to alienate many current supporters. Pictures of dead innocent mothers and babies is not encouraging support for them.  They need to take a pause and change tactics.

Making Hamas realise that in this case and after any future murders they are personally going to be the target may concentrate their minds and get a response. It's surprising how many fanatical idealists in many countries with many causes are prepared to fight to the last drop of someone else's blood.

17 minutes ago, m williamson said:

They need to concentrate on the Hamas leaders. Hamas does not represent all Palestinians in exactly the same way that our government and every previous government we've had doesn't represent all of the British electorate.

Not saying that's a simple thing to do but Israel have Mossad one of the most efficient and ruthless Secret Services in the world and they are backed by the US the most powerful nation on earth.

That means they have access to relevant CIA information, satellite coverage and undercover agents in many countries.

They also have many other countries including the UK, France and Germany on their side.

Their present strategy of out and out revenge attacks is going to alienate many current supporters. Pictures of dead innocent mothers and babies is not encouraging support for them.  They need to take a pause and change tactics.

Making Hamas realise that in this case and after any future murders they are personally going to be the target may concentrate their minds and get a response. It's surprising how many fanatical idealists in many countries with many causes are prepared to fight to the last drop of someone else's blood.

Sounds one way out of an impossible situation .  Tomorrow could see a whole new ball game reading between the lines .