The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

It’s not about 1918 in Ireland now it’s Saturdays terrorists invasion of Israel we are on about 

I know and as I said earlier I'm replying to the numpty Axe. He introduced the subject and I'm not prepared to allow ill-informed xenophobic garbage  go unanswered.

Just now, m williamson said:

I know and as I said earlier I'm replying to the numpty Axe. He introduced the subject and I'm not prepared to allow ill-informed xenophobic garbage  go unanswered.

I fully agree.  Axey is just trying to inflame the situation and, as a extreme right winger,  he's in his xenophobic element.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The only flag flown on government/council buildings in this country should be the Union flag.

But as I've heard the Israeli flag will be flown on some I expect the tension will rise amongst some communities and attempts to remove the flag/damage the buildings could be a possibility. 

As we have people from both communities living here it would be better to remain neutral and act as a mediator in an effort to cool things down.

Flying the flag of either side indicates preference and is an invitation for some nutter to carry out an attack injuring innocent uninvolved people.

Our government has contacts with both factions and needs to act, which I'm sure they will.

The Hamas attack was appalling and now the Israelis are seriously raising the stakes by laying siege to Gaza. Hamas is threatening to kill Israeli prisoners in reprisal for attacks and the whole thing is escalating. Most of those in Gaza are innocent but as usual their the ones that'll suffer the most.

Flying flags isn't going to help it'll only inflame. The situation urgently needs diplomacy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The 1918 General election result was a clear expression of the peoples wish to be independent. Trying to make out anything different is pure mendacious nonsense.   Your bigotry is plain and combined with your lack of knowledge makes you look ridiculous.

And ending free speech is a favourite fascist and extreme left wing tactic. Countries employing that restriction against human rights are North Korea, China, Uzbekistan, Burma, Syria and Belarus among others. You want Britain to join that group of despot run countries?

Not surprising given your obvious lack of general perception.

I have already explained to you the 1918 election was a general election and not a referendum about Ireland leaving the UK. You fail to acknowledge in 1918 Ireland was just one part of the UK just like Wales and Scotland were.  The SNP in recent years have claimed because they have dominated the Scottish parliament there is a majority of the Scottish electorate who desire to leave the UK.  This was proved to be wrong in the 2014 Scottish Independence referendum.  As previously stated  you are a dishonest contributor as well as being a terrorist sympathiser. 

Just now, m williamson said:

As we have people from both communities living here it would be better to remain neutral and act as a mediator in an effort to cool things down.

Flying the flag of either side indicates preference and is an invitation for some nutter to carry out an attack injuring innocent uninvolved people.

Our government has contacts with both factions and needs to act, which I'm sure they will.

The Hamas attack was appalling and now the Israelis are seriously raising the stakes by laying siege to Gaza. Hamas is threatening to kill Israeli prisoners in reprisal for attacks and the whole thing is escalating. Most of those in Gaza are innocent but as usual their the ones that'll suffer the most.

Flying flags isn't going to help it'll only inflame. The situation urgently needs diplomacy. 

Really?

Let's see how many nutters on the side of Israel cause disturbance and attacks on Western soil eh?   I am tired of all those Jewish terrorist attacks maiming and killing innocent folk in Europe.

🙄🙄

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Really?

Let's see how many nutters on the side of Israel cause disturbance and attacks on Western soil eh?   I am tired of all those Jewish terrorist attacks maiming and killing innocent folk in Europe.

🙄🙄

And Bundy fails to see the reason why the Jews have never attacked us   -   because we've never attacked them either.   SIMPLE  ISN'T  IT ?

If you help people instead of grinding their face in the dirt,  they usually don't attack you.

Better ask Tony Blair about that though.

11 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I agree again,  but I'm afraid you will never convince the war mongers on here of that.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

And Bundy fails to see the reason why the Jews have never attacked us   -   because we've never attacked them either.   SIMPLE  ISN'T  IT ?

If you help people instead of grinding their face in the dirt,  they usually don't attack you.

Better ask Tony Blair about that though.

Jog on, I wish to no further have any interaction with you, you pathetic man child.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Jog on, I wish to no further have any interaction with you, you pathetic man child.

I know because you're losing with the daft things you say .

We give the Arabs a good kicking and we are nice to the Jews so Bundy says why do the Arabs attack us and the Jews don't   -   hard to figure isn't it.

Edited by Organgrinder

45 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The only flag flown on government/council buildings in this country should be the Union flag.

But as I've heard the Israeli flag will be flown on some I expect the tension will rise amongst some communities and attempts to remove the flag/damage the buildings could be a possibility. 

The Israeli flag has been portrayed  on public buildings such as 10 Downing Street to show the Israeli people the decent respectable citizens in our country support them after the terrorist attack their country has suffered.  Similarly Ukranian flags have been portrayed on public buildings after Russia invaded their country.  Displaying other countries national flags on our public buildings is a kind and respectful gesture when they have suffered tragedies such as acts of terrorism. 

Edited by Axe

1 minute ago, Axe said:

I have already explained to you the 1918 election was a general election and not a referendum about Ireland leaving the UK. You fail to acknowledge in 1918 Ireland was just one part of the UK just like Wales and Scotland were.  The SNP in recent years have claimed because they have dominated the Scottish parliament there is a majority of the Scottish electorate who desire to leave the UK.  This was proved to be wrong in the 2014 Scottish Independence referendum.  As previously stated  you are a dishonest contributor as well as being a terrorist sympathiser. 

You are incapable of explaining anything to anyone. The vote was conclusive and should not have been ignored. When a political party campaigns for a specific policy and  vows in its manifesto to form an independent Irish Republic it can't be ignored. The  British government could have chosen to handle the situation by negotiating, they didn't they used force and brought about the War of Independence having left the Irish with no choice.

You are both an otiose contributor and person. If you want to continue this start another thread. because of your insistence on bringing up the IRA at every opportunity we are way off topic.