The Yom Kippur War .

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

Nonsense Israel are the victims and the war has been started by the Hamas terrorists.  Remaining neutral would mean our country supports terrorists acts.  

Will just add at least ten British citizens have been murdered by Hamas terrorists.  Israel has not murdered any British citizens. If you are pro British then you support Israel and do not have a problem with their flag being displayed on British public buildings.

I'm pro peace, I have a high regard for the Jewish people and I've been to Israel. However, when it comes to their government, just like all governments ( including the Irish before you ask ) I'm not altogether enthralled.

The Jewish people need a homeland and so do the Palestinians. The Hamas atrocity wasn't in anyway helpful in that cause.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Yes different rules apply although they shouldn't. It's almost always down to current international needs as seen by the establishment. There was a time when Britain was more pro Arab than pro Israel. The Irgun and the Stern Gang in collusion with Israeli politicians carried out attacks against British forces in the mid 1940s, the bombing of the King David Hotel resulting in the deaths of over 90 people was one of the most reviled actions.

That is now apparently forgotten by most British people, goes to show how times change. Of course Israel is a big ally of America and we tend to go along with American wishes.

My brother in law was there on National service , he told me some harrowing stories and was scared ****eless

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

My brother in law was there on National service , he told me some harrowing stories and was scared ****eless

I worked with someone who served in Cyprus during the EOKA conflict. He told me a number of disturbing stories, including one I've never forgotten about a mate of his who was a despatch rider. They'd tied a length of piano wire between two trees at opposite sides of the road and the poor lad had his head sheared off, he was in his early twenties.

And that's how it invariably works, some high up lightweight makes decisions which stir things up, it gets well out of hand and those who had sod all to do with it end up paying the price.

31 minutes ago, Axe said:

Hamas terrorists are guilty for the people of Palestine suffering because of their murderous acts. Israel called on Palestinians to evacuate certain areas.  The Hamas terrorists did not call on innocent Israeli citizens to evacuate certain areas before they started their terrorists attacks such as a music festival location.

Festivals,  concerts and anywhere that  large numbers of people converge are easy targets as are airports,  they don't stop to ask whose side people are on,  sad and true.

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

Festivals,  concerts and anywhere that  large numbers of people converge are easy targets as are airports,  they don't stop to ask whose side people are on,  sad and true.

The IRA chose venues such as pubs and even Harrods on the mainland to launch their terrorists attacks.  In recent years Muslim terrorists  have targeted places such as the Bataclan theatre in Paris  and a Tunisia beach.  I guess the IRA  terrorists  sympathisers will claim they are not as bad as the Muslim terrorists  because they sometimes rung up newspapers to give coded warnings before a bomb exploded.

24 minutes ago, Axe said:

The IRA chose venues such as pubs and even Harrods on the mainland to launch their terrorists attacks.  In recent years Muslim terrorists  have targeted places such as the Bataclan theatre in Paris  and a Tunisia beach.  I guess the IRA  terrorists  sympathisers will claim they are not as bad as the Muslim terrorists  because they sometimes rung up newspapers to give coded warnings before a bomb exploded.

Stop it please . Its a bad enough situation ,without you bringing it down .

I didn't know they'd bombed Harrods at the time,  have been several times since,   now it's owned by a Turkish conglomerate (?) I would think it's safe to go there these days.

Hackey please,  it's free speech.

1 minute ago, cressida said:

I didn't know they'd bombed Harrods at the time,  have been several times since,   now it's owned by a Turkish conglomerate (?) I would think it's safe to go there these days.

Hackey please,  it's free speech.

Ok lass but the thread is not about the IRA .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Never attacked them , oh yes we have , In 1946 we fought the Jews in  Palestine , we lost 756 soldiers and police , The United Nations recommended the Country should be split into two , that is when Israel and Palestine became two separate Places .

A brother in law of mine fought there and told me all about it first hand . Simple isn’t it .

I said at the very beginning that it was our fault originally for putting the Jews where we did   -   we should not have acted as if we own the Middle East.

And ever since then we have taken sides with Israel and still do which is why they don't attack us   Yes, it is simple.

We have spent much of our time bombing  Islamic countries since then and it's Islamics who attack us now.   That bears out what I said.

Wouldn't it be better to attack nobody and keep out of other peoples countries and then,  maybe,  nobody would attack us.

That goes for Israel too,  and that goes for Russia too

Edited by Organgrinder