The Yom Kippur War .

23 minutes ago, mafya said:

It’s been on all the news channels, put Al Jazeera on and you will see the pictures and videos of it happening. 
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/10/netanyahu-says-israel-is-not-seeking-to-occupy-gaza

Thanks for the link 👍

It's absolutely horrific.  I've decided i won't watch any more videos. I may be a coward for saying this but it's too difficult to watch some of them. 

Am I the only one that thinks the argument we should ban a march on Remembrance day is crass in the extreme ?

The rights and wrongs of the march and its supporters are pretty much irrelevant, the fact is Remembrance day is about commemorating the many many thousands of people who died fighting for the cause of freedom. And freedom, real freedom, is to allow people to say stuff you do not agree with.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/10/counterprotest-groups-plan-to-confront-pro-palestine-marchers-say-met-police

I see the Guardian is already blaming the right wing with their main headline....even though the Mets commissioner has stated....

“We know that there is likely to be some groups from BOTH sides … who will likely seek each other out later on in the day.”

Nothing like a bit of bias baiting is there, the guardian never fails.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/10/counterprotest-groups-plan-to-confront-pro-palestine-marchers-say-met-police

I see the Guardian is already blaming the right wing with their main headline....even though the Mets commissioner has stated....

“We know that there is likely to be some groups from BOTH sides … who will likely seek each other out later on in the day.”

Where is the bias ?

I can't see any bias there.

Everybody needs to behave,  whichever side they're on.

If they don't,  then they need to be arrested.

Simple old law and order problem.

Edited by Organgrinder

You really the Guardian is the main issue with thousands of children being killed? 

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

You really the Guardian is the main issue with thousands of children being killed? 

Of course,  the children are far less important to Bundy than his favourite Lefty newspaper's  invisible  "bias".

The political point scoring is the main thing to him.

Which side are you on, Al?

The side that is protesting about the slaughter of 5000 innocent children?

Or the right wing thugs who have taken it upon themselves to “protect the cenotaph”?

19 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Which side are you on, Al?

The side that is protesting about the slaughter of 5000 innocent children?

Or the right wing thugs who have taken it upon themselves to “protect the cenotaph”?

I didn't realise one had to pick a side.

Right wing thugs?  

42 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Why are you not bothered about all the children in the Yemen ,is that not important enough for you or not the main issue?  Since when do you decide what's important?

Why no outrage about that?

Are we not allowed to talk about other things like the guardian and it's blatant attempt to stir up trouble? Are you a fan of dictatorship?

Ms Braverman is getting pelters for trying to stir things, I would have thought folk would have been equally as outraged by the Guardian and their attempts to stir things.

Selective outrage is on fire today.

Edited by Al Bundy