The Yom Kippur War .

16 minutes ago, mafya said:

Is that what you mean by an independent source?

MEMO is pro-Palestinian in orientation and supports Islamist causes. MEMO is regarded as an outlet for the Muslim Brotherhood and its website strongly promotes pro-Hamas related content.

From here.  Sources in the original text.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Post #3085

Wow.  How deeply ****ing offensive is that.  I am not 'a supporter of Israel's unlawful actions', and - and I can't even believe I have to write this - as such, the content of my previous post in this thread, which concerned reports of rape and sexual violence against women, was not a 'handy excuse' to justify such support. 

Some apparently can see the images of a bloodied and broken, semi-naked Shani Louk dumped on the back of a truck and paraded by her attackers, then read accounts of the violence captured in Hamas bodycam footage, while acknowledging that rape is used as a tool of violent conflict (though the Guardian reported that Hamas blamed "atrocities including rape and torture – on “criminals” who followed its attackers") and, in the absence of seeing videos of rape, effectively shrug.

I guess that once police open an investigation into sexual violence committed during the attack, taking testimony from survivors, eye witnesses, first responders, forensic experts and so on, that too will be dismissed as propaganda.  What next? An Alex Jones like accusation of a false flag operation?

It is a shame, but you'll just have to find it,   "deeply ****ing offensive".

You still haven't explained what's wrong with  wanting proof of statements,  in the same way as the law does ?

Other posts are nothing to do with this one  -  that's just trying to duck the issue..

My post, of course, neither states explicitly, nor implies, either that I want to silence someone or that I'm offended by someone asking for evidence.

Edited by Guest

46 minutes ago, mafya said:

Just seen the article, the guy is wrong on all accounts and going on a rant but I can’t see how this backs up Al Bundys assertion that it is a religious war.

My 15 year old daughter came home from school and said she has seen online that someone had posted a picture of the premature Palestinian babies wrapped in foil to keep warm and put the caption ‘Ready for the oven” with the picture.
If the person who posted that picture was a non Muslim does it mean all non Muslims think the same? No so this one idiot at the debate does not represent Muslims 

Of course it doesn't.

It's just my opinion of course but religion is a massive part of the life of most Muslims, and when push comes to shove I believe Muslims would be as one, because they share the same faith.

32 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Is that what you mean by an independent source?

From here.  Sources in the original text.

My post, of course, neither states explicitly, nor implies, either that I want to silence someone or that I'm offended by someone asking for evidence.

Independent source for me would be someone independent verifying video evidence or actual testimony from a victim.

When the dust settles I think everything will come out and like I said if I am wrong I will hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong but as things stand and with all the propaganda going about from both sides I’m taking a cautious approach.

One of the things that has made me wary is the beheading of babies lie that was put out which didn’t help the credibility of the Israeli side.

Putting this aside I think that what is happening right now is totally unacceptable and I can’t believe that none of the other countries, USA I. Particular has stepped in and said enough is enough.

My personal opinion is that what happened on October 7th  and let’s say there was rape committed for the sake of the argument does not justify what is happening right now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

A dead victim can't provide actual testimony though.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/568871/hamas-rape-music-festival-israel-eyewitness-testimony/

“...shot her in the head while he was raping her, didn’t even lift his pants.”

That's an Isreal support site, what else would you expect them to say.

Did you know that the majority of men in prison claim they're innocent  -  surprising isn't it ?

Pull the other one.

2 hours ago, mafya said:

Independent source for me would be someone independent verifying video evidence or actual testimony from a victim.

When the dust settles I think everything will come out and like I said if I am wrong I will hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong but as things stand and with all the propaganda going about from both sides I’m taking a cautious approach.

One of the things that has made me wary is the beheading of babies lie that was put out which didn’t help the credibility of the Israeli side.

Putting this aside I think that what is happening right now is totally unacceptable and I can’t believe that none of the other countries, USA I. Particular has stepped in and said enough is enough.

My personal opinion is that what happened on October 7th  and let’s say there was rape committed for the sake of the argument does not justify what is happening right now.

An  independent source would be someone like the United Nations war crime investigators.

Definitely not any of the combatants nor their supporters such as us and the usa, hezbollah etc.

Edited by Organgrinder

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's an Isreal support site, what else would you expect them to say.

Did you know that the majority of men in prison claim they're innocent  -  surprising isn't it ?

Pull the other one.

An  independent source would be someone like the United Nations war crime investigators.

Definitely not any of the combatants nor their supporters such as us and the usa, hezbollah etc.

Having known and worked with a number of professional journalists, I know of their impartiality, integrity and objectivity. Beth Harpaz (the writer of that piece in the link) is a journalist of long-standing.

31 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Having known and worked with a number of professional journalists, I know of their impartiality, integrity and objectivity. Beth Harpaz (the writer of that piece in the link) is a journalist of long-standing.

Orgy knows best, even though he has never stepped onto an aeroplane, his knowledge of world events and the make up of cultures around the world is second to none.  He also cares deeply about folk he has never met or heard of, regardless of their standing in society.

That's quite the talent.

We are blessed indeed to have such an oracle in our midst.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

It's still an Israeli support site which is not going to say anything favourable except to Israeli's.

Doesn't matter if you know her or not.  we don't know her and even people we do know have been known to lie.

I'll believe the United Nations and NOT an Israeli supporter.

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Orgy knows best, even though he has never stepped onto an aeroplane, his knowledge of world events and the make up of cultures around the world is second to none.  He also cares deeply about folk he has never met or heard of, regardless of their standing in society.

That's quite the talent.

We are blessed indeed to have such an oracle in our midst.

Surprisingly enough,  though you base knowledge learning on stepping onto an airplane,  you know very little for a grown man and yet you spend a lot of time on board.

Sounds very much like your theory is wrong and it's actually intellectual capacity which counts,  which also explains your feeble efforts.

Imagine an adult who thinks you have to get on a plane to learn something.  Wonder why they don't fly schoolkids around ?

The man, the myth, the legend has spoken.

We are not worthy of such an esteemed presence, your knowledge of world wide events is akin to the Michael Palin's and Al Gore's of the world....we are lucky to be in the company of one with such sage advice.

What's that again......... You have never been out of the country and don't have a passport?

Behold the Messiah!!!

The worlds diplomatic loss, is Sheffield forums gain.

How can we serve oh master of all knowledge?

🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 2