The Yom Kippur War .

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The man, the myth, the legend has spoken.

We are not worthy of such an esteemed presence, your knowledge of world wide events is akin to the Michael Palin's and Al Gore's of the world....we are lucky to be in the company of one with such sage advice.

What's that again......... You have never been out of the country and don't have a passport?

Behold the Messiah!!!

The worlds diplomatic loss, is Sheffield forums gain.

How can we serve oh master of all knowledge?

🙏🙏🙏

When are you going to stop compiling your own BS.

So perhaps you have visited all the countries and hot spots around the world which then makes you a superior being.

So you went on holiday to The States, or on Safari which gives you an insight into how the population lives.

As a tourist or holiday maker you see a certain side of society.

How about Cyprus .Another Country split between 2 factions but the hotels and beaches are really nice.

Less time spent on a plane and a bit more time reading might improve your wider understanding

The basics remain that terrorists commit heinous acts and as a result the whole of Gaza pays a very heavy price. 

Some have always believed that the outcome will be more terrorism .

The extremists of 2 nations want to drive out or subjugate the other.

That is what must be overcome by the less extreme people of Israel and Palestine and by third parties .In reality that means the US and any countries of the United Nations.

In the main OG  and Mayfa have condemned terrorist acts and the utter futility of the whole sorry mess.

Whilst you indulge in posts such as that quoted and have absolutely no feeling for Palestinians who have long been treated appallingly by  successive Israeli governments supported by Billions from abroad.

T

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

The man, the myth, the legend has spoken.

We are not worthy of such an esteemed presence, your knowledge of world wide events is akin to the Michael Palin's and Al Gore's of the world....we are lucky to be in the company of one with such sage advice.

What's that again......... You have never been out of the country and don't have a passport?

Behold the Messiah!!!

The worlds diplomatic loss, is Sheffield forums gain.

How can we serve oh master of all knowledge?

🙏🙏🙏

you're bloody daft.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

When are you going to stop compiling your own BS.

So perhaps you have visited all the countries and hot spots around the world which then makes you a superior being.

So you went on holiday to The States, or on Safari which gives you an insight into how the population lives.

As a tourist or holiday maker you see a certain side of society.

How about Cyprus .Another Country split between 2 factions but the hotels and beaches are really nice.

Less time spent on a plane and a bit more time reading might improve your wider understanding

The basics remain that terrorists commit heinous acts and as a result the whole of Gaza pays a very heavy price. 

Some have always believed that the outcome will be more terrorism .

The extremists of 2 nations want to drive out or subjugate the other.

That is what must be overcome by the less extreme people of Israel and Palestine and by third parties .In reality that means the US and any countries of the United Nations.

In the main OG  and Mayfa have condemned terrorist acts and the utter futility of the whole sorry mess.

Whilst you indulge in posts such as that quoted and have absolutely no feeling for Palestinians who have long been treated appallingly by  successive Israeli governments supported by Billions from abroad.

T

Just for balance.

👍

In 2021 and 2022, the US was the largest single donor to UNRWA, contributing over $338 million in 2021 and $344 million in 2022. UNRWA received over $1.18 billion in donations in 2021 and over $1.17 billion in 2022 from various nations and organizations.

The beaches are lovely in Cyprus by the way, we agree on that.

I am no superior being but I do revel in my common sense.

Edited by Al Bundy

The 2 state solution is the only option put forward but neither side will accept it so the only option for Israel is to keep pushing South. 

The Russians bombed Syrian hospitals and used chemical weapons but no Internation response.

The priority needs to be the return of the hostages and assisting hospital casualties to evacuate.

Just now, Findlay said:

The 2 state solution is the only option put forward but neither side will accept it so the only option for Israel is to keep pushing South. 

The Russians bombed Syrian hospitals and used chemical weapons but no Internation response.

The priority needs to be the return of the hostages and assisting hospital casualties to evacuate.

What does that mean?

1 minute ago, Findlay said:

The only time peace will prevail is if the Jews find somewhere else to live.  It seems the only option when your neighbours want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.

29 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

The only time peace will prevail is if the Jews find somewhere else to live.  It seems the only option when your neighbours want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.

As before,

The extremists on both sides want to displace the others .

Netanyahu was the subject of protests by his own people immediately before October

35 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Just for balance.

👍

In 2021 and 2022, the US was the largest single donor to UNRWA, contributing over $338 million in 2021 and $344 million in 2022. UNRWA received over $1.18 billion in donations in 2021 and over $1.17 billion in 2022 from various nations and organizations.

The beaches are lovely in Cyprus by the way, we agree on that.

I am no superior being but I do revel in my common sense.

But enjoying the Cyprus beaches in no way enhances your appreciation of world affairs,(or even Turkish/Greek differences )over and above that of someone who chooses not to travel.

And of course why are so many Palestinians refugees

The fund started in 1950 which gives some clue

Edited by RJRB

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

As before,

The extremists on both sides want to displace the others .

Netanyahu was the subject of protests by his own people immediately before October

But enjoying the Cyprus beaches in no way enhances your appreciation of world affairs,(or even Turkish/Greek differences )over and above that of someone who chooses not to travel.

And of course why are so many Palestinians refugees

The fund started in 1950 which gives some clue

I disagree. Traveling brings more knowledge of other cultures, how could it possibly not?

4 hours ago, horribleblob said:

Having known and worked with a number of professional journalists, I know of their impartiality, integrity and objectivity. Beth Harpaz (the writer of that piece in the link) is a journalist of long-standing.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

It's still an Israeli support site which is not going to say anything favourable except to Israeli's.

Doesn't matter if you know her or not.  we don't know her and even people we do know have been known to lie.

I'll believe the United Nations and NOT an Israeli supporter.

Just because Beth Harpaz, a Jewish journalist, was writing on a Jewish (not Israeli) news site, it does not mean her reporting wasn't objective.

And, just in case you are wondering where I'm coming from on this issue, here's a pic of one of my coffee mugs sitting on today's i newspaper.

IMG-mug.jpg

Mafya seems to get it.