The Yom Kippur War .

18 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I would answer you fully and correct you but as you see I have left the thread because this is not the topic of the thread as has been pointed out.

It was pointed out by cuttsie that the thread was going off topic and I acknowledged that on page 217 # 221 and explained that I was simply responding to posters referencing the subject. On page 229  # 230 I replied to Axe and suggested that if he wanted to continue on the subject he should start a separate thread. He continued with his obsession and I repeated my suggestion on page 22 # 253   about him starting a different thread in an effort to get back on topic.

Despite which, you chose to post another comment about the Irish situation by copying a 7 hour old post of mine which was one of the ones saying it should be on another thread.

Now you have decided to leave the thread because it's off topic?  No, you've left the thread because you have no response. And the pompous   " I would answer you fully and correct you " doesn't fool anyone.

You got yourself into an argument about something you know little about and have run away. If you disagree Start a Thread on the subject.

"I'll ask again - how do Palestinians get the autonomy and sovereignty they want without resorting to violence? Because my understanding is that the reason Hamas are in charge in Gaza is that Fatah were rejected because their path of negotiation with Israel failed. So what now?"

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Feelings are still a flashpoint when N.I.  is mentioned,   recently we were asked which accent we liked and I mentioned the Belfast one,  couldn't believe the reply I got for that.

I understand you  cressida    -   one of my uncles married an Irish lady and I remember from my teen years onwards,  I could sit and listen to her talk for hours and fall in love with her beautiful voice.

She was more like a big sister than an aunt and I loved her company.  When I started drinking,  I found she could drink me under the table too.

I love the Irish and wish they could be big enough to bury their differences and bring peace to a lovely place.

When you look around,  there's not much wrong with the world except people.

19 minutes ago, Delbow said:

"I'll ask again - how do Palestinians get the autonomy and sovereignty they want without resorting to violence? Because my understanding is that the reason Hamas are in charge in Gaza is that Fatah were rejected because their path of negotiation with Israel failed. So what now?"

No idea , ask the politicians 

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

That's just so poor. If you think, as you seem to do, that people should in general be on the side of Israel, you should explain why it's acceptable for Palestine and the Palestinians to be gradually eradicated, since that is what is happening. Successive recent governments in Israel have been ultra-nationalist and have no interest at all in a peaceful resolution, they just want Palestine and all Palestinians gone. Hamas are just as virulently anti-Semitic and want no compromise with Israel. There is a real problem in Israel that expansionist, racist zealots keep getting elected. A good start would be electing a government that actually wants a peaceful solution rather than total military dominance. For years the Palestinians chose leaders (Fatah) who were open to a peaceful settlement, so it's not like it's impossible for that to be the case again, but what on earth would be the point of trying to negotiate peace with Likud plus allied fascists.

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The politicians won't do anything.  It's all being carefully stage managed to make Israel look whiter than white so that it can all revert to the Status Quo.

The politicians should remember though,   that you don't get terrorists wanting to kill you for no reason so attending to those reasons would pay dividends.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

That's just so poor. If you think, as you seem to do, that people should in general be on the side of Israel, you should explain why it's acceptable for Palestine and the Palestinians to be gradually eradicated, since that is what is happening. Successive recent governments in Israel have been ultra-nationalist and have no interest at all in a peaceful resolution, they just want Palestine and all Palestinians gone. Hamas are just as virulently anti-Semitic and want no compromise with Israel. There is a real problem in Israel that expansionist, racist zealots keep getting elected. A good start would be electing a government that actually wants a peaceful solution rather than total military dominance. For years the Palestinians chose leaders (Fatah) who were open to a peaceful settlement, so it's not like it's impossible for that to be the case again, but what on earth would be the point of trying to negotiate peace with Likud plus allied fascists.

Well said mate.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I respectfully disagree Anna.

I can't believe the naivety of folk, I really can't.

Imagine if Palestine became fully independent and was given full self determination and unrestricted movement. Just imagine! What do you think the future might look like for Israel? Are you genuinely that blind to the ideological hatred that exists with Hamas and their supporters?

Despite the recent massacre perpetrated by Hamas I'm struggling to find equivalent sentiment by Jews being expressed anywhere around the world. And people wonder whose supporters have a problem with humanity and ideology?

Hamas is an Islamist terror organisation, it means they share the same view of groups like ISIS. This is nothing to do with liberation but about dominance.

How on earth can Hamas hope to dominate a superpower with Nuclear weapons backed up by the USA?

That's exactly why they have to resort to terrorism tactics. You can see by the fierce Israeli response that they don't stand a chance unless another superpower like Russia or China decide to back them, and that's where the ultimate danger lies.  Armagedddon scenario might / will kick in.

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The politicians won't do anything.  It's all being carefully stage managed to make Israel look whiter than white so that it can all revert to the Status Quo.

The politicians should remember though,   that you don't get terrorists wanting to kill you for no reason so attending to those reasons would pay dividends.

My bold. 

Unfortunately, in the case of Hamas, you do.  Just have Google the Hamas Charter.

They are quite prepared to wipe themselves out if it also means wiping out the Jewish nation in the process while acting as agent provocatur to surrounding Arab / Muslim nations by telling them they are not true Muslims unless they join the Jihad. 

Now over the decades Israel are hardly blameless, continually ignoring numerous UN Articles but Hamas have no intention of negotiating peace, again that's in the Hamas Charter as such action goes against their interpretation of Islam & the Koran. 

Hamas are very much like ISIS in their nihilistic approach. 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Small children and baby,s have been found shot dead in the Kibbutz near the Gaza border , a woman   And baby was be headed , And there are still people on here blaming Israel for retaliating.  Perhaps those posters can tell what they would do if it was their kids who have been kidnapped or shot or be headed  .Hamas are not soldiers they are evil bastuurds

I don't know who is blaming Israel for retaliating but I certainly haven't.   Which posters are you referring to and what exactly have they said.

I have blamed Israel for stealing Palestinian land,  homes etc and destroying Palestinian towns.

Israel has been a law unto itself for many many years and, unbelievably,  supported by supposed law abiding countries like ourselves and the USA.

Terrorists are created by oppressive rulers denying the freedom and,  no matter how hard Israel cracks the whip.  they won't go away.