The Yom Kippur War .

1 hour ago, mafya said:

I didn’t ask for your whataboutism I asked you specifically about this land conflict that has nothing to do with religion…

For hamas it seems to be. Why else would they shout Allahu Akbar when they fire rockets and kill civilians?

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

For hamas it seems to be. Why else would they shout Allahu Akbar when they fire rockets and kill civilians?

Shouting God is great doesn’t make it a religious war, this might explain a little bit=

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/transformation/embracing-holy-envy-allahu-akbar/

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/01/opinions/allahu-akbar-meaning/index.html

I say it in the morning when I get out of bed, I use it in the context of praising God that I have woken up to live another day.

Edited by mafya

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

The Rabbi in this video explains that its occupation and not religion that is the core problem in the Israeli/palestinian issue=

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20231118-rabbi-elhanan-beck-highlights-occupation-not-religion-as-core-issue-in-palestine/
it seems that labelling it as a religious issue  suits certain agendas hence why misinformation about it being a religious issue is spread about..

The issue has never been about religion it is about people given refuge turning round and stealing land off the people who gave them refuge and wanting it all for themselves backed by western nations who are trying to attend for their own guilt about the Holocaust because they would not accept Jewish refugees=

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/us-government-turned-away-thousands-jewish-refugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/

Warm British welcome for Jews fleeing Nazis was a myth=

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/warm-british-welcome-for-jews-fleeing-nazis-a-myth/

So it seems back in the day western countries didn’t want the Jews and decided to force them onto the Palestinians and now the Palestinians are the bad guys!!

On 22/11/2023 at 12:02, Organgrinder said:

I've already found that on this forum but we will be proved right.

There's no danger that you'll ever be proven wrong on this forum, Orgy, given your penchant for inserting disclaimers into all your arguments.

Like this gem of wisdom from yesterday:

"My point was,   to be totally correct,  that you can get looters, rioters and arsonist   WHO ARE NOT far right too"

While preciously avoiding calling them far left! 🙂

Edited by trastrick

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

It’s his way of demonstrating his assumed superiority.He was a consultant don’t you know

Since you mention it.

Correct title was Land Acquisition Consultant.

To ll levels of Canadian government, Federal, Provincial, County and Municipality.

And all the major Utility Providers.

Not quite the same as, say,  a beauty consultant, as it involved land acquisition negotiations and conflict resolution over disputed compensation claims.

(Just for the record)  🙂

6 hours ago, mafya said:

I didn’t ask for your whataboutism I asked you specifically about this land conflict that has nothing to do with religion…

My answer was given. Clearly! 

This flare up is just the latest episode in the wars that have plagued he Middle East for thousands of years, and still do today, with a death toll in the millions

It should; be kept in context.

If you have another question, I'll be happy to respond.

But to one who believes that his/her/its God is the Creator of All Things, I'm sure it would make no sense to you either!

40 minutes ago, trastrick said:

My answer was given. Clearly! 

This flare up is just the latest episode in the wars that have plagued he Middle East for thousands of years, and still do today, with a death toll in the millions

It should; be kept in context.

If you have another question, I'll be happy to respond.

But to one who believes that his/her/its God is the Creator of All Things, I'm sure it would make no sense to you either!

Your answer was irrelevant to the question asked in my opinion about the Israeli/palestinian conflict and you going on about the Middle East is a different matter.

The Middle East conflicts mostly are the results of US and British meddling /decisions in the past by the way.

Also your snide remarks like the one at the end of the post says a lot. I’m a male by the way and the it remark maybe you should stick to using it when addressing your  mum, dad or partner!

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

Since you mention it.

Correct title was Land Acquisition Consultant.

To ll levels of Canadian government, Federal, Provincial, County and Municipality.

And all the major Utility Providers.

Not quite the same as, say,  a beauty consultant, as it involved land acquisition negotiations and conflict resolution over disputed compensation claims.

(Just for the record)  🙂

That’s interesting .

I would have thought your experience would give you some insight as to the nature of land acquisitions by “Settlers” on the Western Bank  and possibilities for conflict resolution.

8 hours ago, mafya said:

Your answer was irrelevant to the question asked in my opinion about the Israeli/palestinian conflict and you going on about the Middle East is a different matter.

The Middle East conflicts mostly are the results of US and British meddling /decisions in the past by the way.

Also your snide remarks like the one at the end of the post says a lot. I’m a male by the way and the it remark maybe you should stick to using it when addressing your  mum, dad or partner!

I don't know, or care what anonymous internet posters who hide behind fake ID chose to identify they/itselves as,

It's a minefield out there!

Check out online dating and romances!   😀

All are not who they claim to be!

Edited by trastrick
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RJRB said:

That’s interesting .

I would have thought your experience would give you some insight as to the nature of land acquisitions by “Settlers” on the Western Bank  and possibilities for conflict resolution.

Bingo, Einstein! 😀

Edited by trastrick
  • Sad 1