The Yom Kippur War .

Straw Poll on the Palestine/Israel War

Posts condemning of Democratic Israel in last 24 hours 

6 and a half

Posts condemning Terrorists

one half

(the half is for Orgy who's always on both sides of every issue 😀)

Looks like the Terrorists are winning the battle for "hearts and minds".

Interesting times!

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/nearly-75-of-palestinians-polled-say-hamas-was-right-to-attack-israel-on-oct-7

But I thought the majority of Palestinians were peace loving people.

🙄🙄🙄

It's a grim statistic but not very surprising given that many Palestinians, especially in Gaza, perceive two options: defend themselves by whatever means necessary, or be wiped out. Support for Hamas in the Palestinian Authority-run West Bank has leapt since October 7 - again not surprising as Israel has now said that they will never negotiate with the PA and there will never be a two state solution - in other words, all peaceful options are now gone. Couple that with a massive hike in displacement of Palestinians from their ancestral farms and villages in the West Bank since October 7 while the world's eyes are on Gaza and again there appears to be two options: resist violently or be wiped out. 

People generally make the worst choices when they are in a corner - this is what happened in Germany in the 1930s of course, the massive burden of reparations from WW1, the rampant inflation making incomes and pensions worthless, all made people willing to try fascism as a way of surviving. You can see something similar happening in Argentina right now.

This article from Ha'aretz explains how Hamas have managed to improve their standing among Palestinians since October 7

What is needed is a viable alternative to violence. You won't find many takers now in Northern Ireland for a return to the Troubles, most people just want to be left alone to get on with their lives without any bother.

Edited by Delbow
  • Thanks 1

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/nearly-75-of-palestinians-polled-say-hamas-was-right-to-attack-israel-on-oct-7

🙄🙄🙄

As far as they are concerned,   at least someone is making an effort  on their behalf,  to fight an aggressor of 75 years.

I'm sure that most people would  agree too in the same circumstances.

As  Delbow has pointed out,  there isn't a peace option so what else can they do ?

Edited by Organgrinder

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Straw Poll on the Palestine/Israel War

Posts condemning of Democratic Israel in last 24 hours 

6 and a half

Posts condemning Terrorists

one half

(the half is for Orgy who's always on both sides of every issue 😀)

Looks like the Terrorists are winning the battle for "hearts and minds".

Interesting times!

Nearly 3 months down the line and you are still unable to distinguish between Terrorists,Palestinians,criticism of a Democracy that will continue to perpetrate crimes against humanity as long as it is allowed to flout laws thar it signed up to.

🙄🙄🙄

I am sure that they are otherwise the estimated Hamas Forces estimated by Israel would be more than 30 to 40 thousand.

Interesting thought as to how the pollsters operated and the precise questions aske.but the result doesn’t surprise me given the current.options available to Palestine