The Yom Kippur War .

Just now, Jack Grey said:

The next world war will be for resources

When that happens I want to be on America's side 

They look after their own 

Get yourself off then lad    -   we don't mind.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't know where the clip is, who's made it and for what reasons.

I only know that,  to me personally,  it isn't where the guns came from that matters but what they were used for.

When you get down to the nitty gritty of arms dealing,  then the less said the better as far as UK and USA are concerned.

We simply need to prevent wars from happening but not by surrendering to the big boys.

Unlike many others, I am happy to see a great public response to this Middle Eastern problem so that governments know they are being watched  and,

if the response is free of violence then no harm done in my view.   Whatever our governments do,  they do it in our name  so I like it to be squeaky clean.

My bold

Top left of the screen suggests it was shown on Sky 

I don't know if they filmed it though.

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

The next world war will be for resources

When that happens I want to be on America's side 

They look after their own 

My bold

America is heading down a very dangerous path right now. 1000's of illegal migrants a day stroll through their southern border with 10s of 1000s more on the way. Their streets are becoming dumping grounds for the migrants. It's a mess.

But to me there's another problem for the US on the horizon. 

Imagine how many terrorists have crossed the border, how many hamas etc fighters have made the trip. The way I see it it's only a matter of time before these terrorists wage a war on American soil. As far as we know that could be their sole purpose for going to the states 

They just lie low until it's time to wreak havoc?

America and the west won't even see it coming 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Top left of the screen suggests it was shown on Sky 

I don't know if they filmed it though.

Broken my own rule and had a quick look.       All I can say is more fool America.

I have been known to criticise both America and  our government as I find the morals of both to be wanting.

The situation in Afghanistan proves what a stupid and pointless thing we did and how we should be forever ashamed

of sending  our young men and women to die and be mutilated, for a cause so important that we could just run away at a later date.

Edited by Organgrinder

So here's a question: I can see how Hamas being in control makes it very difficult to see a peaceful settlement in Gaza, but in the occupied West Bank the government is the secular Palestinian Authority. So if Israel wants to undermine the influence of Hamas and turn ordinary Palestinians away from them, wouldn't the obvious thing to do be to grant full autonomy in the West Bank and stop and remove the illegal settlements there? Because if the peaceful route works then the violent route loses its appeal to all but the most zealous. So what exactly is the barrier to that happening?

5 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I would love to reply but as has been pointed out we should not discus it on this thread.

Then please start another thread.  I'm interested in hearing your answer. It's a bit of a conundrum isn't it? On the one hand if you say that you don't believe that the killing and maiming is worth freedom from foreign oppression it justifies your attitude to the IRA, but conflicts somewhat with your background of military service.

On the other hand if you say that interference in your country's affairs by another country should be resisted, then that justifies the choice taken by the IRA, doesn't it?

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Then please start another thread.  I'm interested in hearing your answer. It's a bit of a conundrum isn't it? On the one hand if you say that you don't believe that the killing and maiming is worth freedom from foreign oppression it justifies your attitude to the IRA, but conflicts somewhat with your background of military service.

On the other hand if you say that interference in your country's affairs by another country should be resisted, then that justifies the choice taken by the IRA, doesn't it?

Sorry I am tempted to reply but should not. 

I have just started reading the book Torn Apart by Ken Wharton and it starts by  giving an excellent factual history of the the island from the 1100s.

52 minutes ago, Delbow said:

So here's a question: I can see how Hamas being in control makes it very difficult to see a peaceful settlement in Gaza, but in the occupied West Bank the government is the secular Palestinian Authority. So if Israel wants to undermine the influence of Hamas and turn ordinary Palestinians away from them, wouldn't the obvious thing to do be to grant full autonomy in the West Bank and stop and remove the illegal settlements there? Because if the peaceful route works then the violent route loses its appeal to all but the most zealous. So what exactly is the barrier to that happening?

With Hamas bombing Israel, they would know what is coming next, so do they have a plan?

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Get yourself off then lad    -   we don't mind.

I'm already here

Living in a real conservative state that has real conservative values

It's why all the lefties from all the liberal states in America are coming here

And if there are islamic attacks in the USA the Americans will deal with them swiftly with the gloves off

Not like the pussies running the UK 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

I have to admit that I'm not well versed in Middle Eastern politics Delbow and I'm sure that those in the know will possibly scoff but that sounds like an impressive idea to me..

Certainly encouraging any peaceful route to dissuade from violence would be a wise move.  Anything is better than widespread bloodshed and fear.