The Yom Kippur War .

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

And this is the important bit

On May 14, 1948, one day before the British Mandate expired, Ben-Gurion declared "the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel". The declaration was stated to be "by virtue of our natural and historic right and on the strength of the resolution of the United Nations General Assembly". The Declaration stated that the State of Israel would "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations".[44]

For many centuries,  Jewish people spread all over the globe and settled everywhere,  many in Germany, Russia, Poland etc.  After WW2 and the Holocaust, there were millions of displaced Jews who needed somewhere

to settle again and many decided to go back to the region which their families  had left.  That region had already seen much change  but now was filled with returning Jews and unhappy Arabs who were being pushed out.

Although nobody is blameless,  Israel had long since ignored the declaration and has continued in to allow Jewish families settling Palestinian  land and taking farms, homesteads etc from the Palestinians. 

The United Nations declared Israel to be at fault and ordered them to vacate Palestinian land but Israel have done the opposite and allowed more Jewish settlers.

It was a mess when we set it up and it's a bigger mess now and needs political agreement which Jews & Arabs will abide by.

As always,  if the British had stayed away from the area,  it would at least,  have been none of our doing.       Remember that very important declaration 

The Declaration stated that the State of Israel would "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations".[44]

I don't think anyone is denying history or what has been done or not done but nothing will justify what happened to innocent tourists yesterday..

I will repeat.....

I have a hunch that Israel could deliver the whole region to Hamas on a silver platter tied with a ribbon and hand over all power to them and these atrocities would continue and increase exponentially. I don't think the conduct of the IDF or Israel's foreign policy would make a blind bit of difference in terms of the ferocity and regularity of similar attacks.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't think anyone is denying history or what has been done or not done but nothing will justify what happened to innocent tourists yesterday..

I will repeat.....

I have a hunch that Israel could deliver the whole region to Hamas on a silver platter tied with a ribbon and hand over all power to them and these atrocities would continue and increase exponentially. I don't think the conduct of the IDF or Israel's foreign policy would make a blind bit of difference in terms of the ferocity and regularity of similar attacks.

There never is justification for what happens when peace breaks down but that's something that will always happen until we all  stop the blame game and do something

Your "hunch" is silly and will never happen anyway but,  you have never yet had a hunch which proved to be right so it makes no difference.

14 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Your "hunch" is silly and will never happen anyway but,  you have never yet had a hunch which proved to be right so it makes no difference.

How would you know that? Or is that just a hunch?

Edited by Al Bundy

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

How would you know that? Or is that just a hunch?

Because you said   -   I have a hunch that Israel could deliver the whole region to Hamas on a silver platter tied with a ribbon and hand over all power to them 

and absolutely everybody on this planer,  except Bundy,  knows that is silly.       So I repeat  "Your "hunch" is silly and will never happen anyway".

Edited by Organgrinder

29 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Because you said   -   I have a hunch that Israel could deliver the whole region to Hamas on a silver platter tied with a ribbon and hand over all power to them 

and absolutely everybody on this planer,  except Bundy,  knows that is silly.       So I repeat  "Your "hunch" is silly and will never happen anyway".

I know it will not happen, I never said it would!!

I was just doing some outside the box " thinking"

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I know it will not happen, I never said it would!!

I was just doing some outside the box " thinking"

So I was right again.     You should have some practice at that "thinking" lark,  but top marks for trying.