The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

A good while back I used to post links, proof etc to back up my arguments. 

Hardly anyone clicks them yet still argued the toss so there seems little point at times which is the main reason I don't bother anymore 

I say what I say and people can take it or leave it nowadays 👍

I don't think it's a good idea to make people faff about with proof for every little thing but posters should bear in mind how they phrase what they say

and not make something which they think is possible or probable sound like proven fact.

I often say what I think or what I believe and that is to tell the forum that it's only MY VIEW.

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

To be fair to  Jack he may know something we don't? 

My bold

I feel it is a very strong possibility and something to worry about if in fact it's true. 

Have you got a link to this info please?

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Facts 🤔

The number of terror suspects on the watchlist of Britain's MI5 security service has risen to 43,000, more than double the figure from the previous year, local media reported Tuesday.

Among the 43,000 people, 3,000 terror suspects remained "subjects of interest" and a further 40,000 individuals had been placed on a second list, The Telegraph newspaper reported.

Sky news 30 mins ago , 

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't think it's a good idea to make people faff about with proof for every little thing but posters should bear in mind how they phrase what they say

and not make something which they think is possible or probable sound like proven fact.

I often say what I think or what I believe and that is to tell the forum that it's only MY VIEW.

My bold

Fair point  

Underlined

I agree here too. But you have to accept calling someone a liar for not providing proof is a bit unfair?

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Sky news 30 mins ago , 

Thank you 👍

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Fair point  

Underlined

I agree here too. But you have to accept calling someone a liar for not providing proof is a bit unfair?

Thank you 👍

I decided that if he made an outright statement which he already knew was not fact then he was lying. 

If he had said,   possibly or probably,  that would have indicated that it was not a known fact to him,   and it would have been perfectly acceptable.

I sometimes know,  when I know Jack's wrong,  that he's talking out of his arse.      Sometimes I believe that it's highly probable that he is,    and there is a difference in those two statements..

7 hours ago, trastrick said:

work.

And, as usual, I have one to nominate.

One who's not in it for the money, because that, he has! :)

But apparently not enough to get him on the Forbes 400 list,which seems to have greatly irritated him

So I think  more,moreand even more 💰 is always going to be his major driving force together with fuel for his narcissism.

Lol

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I accept that as fact,  but it doesn't alter the fact that you made a statement,  dressed it up,  and presented it as fact.  It may happen,  but it is not a provable fact

Although it's not relevant,  our government must be completely mad to be keeping close tabs on that lot rather than do something about them.  another failing.

My point was that with over 43,000 terror suspects in the UK and 175,000 people who arrived by boats living in hotels then statistically then some of them must have been involved in the fight against allied troops and some have shot at our soldiers who are now homeless living on our streets

YOU CALLED ME A LIAR

Are you that stubborn or naive that you state that none of that is possible?

Sometimes you should learn to pick your arguments because you're too quick to froth at the mouth to call everyone you disagree with a liar that you just make yourself look a bit stupid and immature 

Edited by Jack Grey

Just now, Jack Grey said:

My point was that with over 43,000 terror suspects on the UK and 175,000 people who arrived by boat living in hotels then statistically then some of them must have been involved in the fight against allied troops and some have shot at our soldiers who are homeless living on our streets

YOU CALLED ME A LIAR

Are you that stubborn or naive that you state that none of that is possible?

Sometimes you should learn to pick your arguments because you're too quick to froth at the mouth to call everyone you disagree with a liar that you just make yourself look a bit stupid 

That might be so but what you said was different to what you are saying now.  If you said that statistically it's probable, then I would have accepted that.

You made a statement and presented it as proven fact which it most certainly was not.     If you want to say its possible, probable, likely or whatever then that's fine but it IS NOT PROVEN FACT.

If you present something as fact when you know it isn't,  then you are lying..

No,   I have never said that none of that is possible.  I have accepted that it most probably did happen but you said   IT DID   and that's a lie if you can't prove it.

Then you get carried away again and claim I'm "frothing at the mouth".  I have never heard anyone get so carried away and make such stupid statements as you do.

I think that you are a very bad tempered individual who drinks far too much and uses the forum in that state.  You then get annoyed if someone takes you to task for not being truthful.

I'm quite happy to look stupid on the occasions when it's warranted.  None of us get it right all of the time but you very often talk in fairy tales.   Don't make stories up.

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That might be so but what you said was different to what you are saying now.  If you said that statistically it's probable, then I would have accepted that.

You made a statement and presented it as proven fact which it most certainly was not.     If you want to say its possible, probable, likely or whatever then that's fine but it IS NOT PROVEN FACT.

If you present something as fact when you know it isn't,  then you are lying..

No,   I have never said that none of that is possible.  I have accepted that it most probably did happen but you said   IT DID   and that's a lie if you can't prove it.

Then you get carried away again and claim I'm "frothing at the mouth".  I have never heard anyone get so carried away and make such stupid statements as you do.

I think that you are a very bad tempered individual who drinks far too much and uses the forum in that state.  You then get annoyed if someone takes you to task for not being truthful.

I'm quite happy to look stupid on the occasions when it's warranted.  None of us get it right all of the time but you very often talk in fairy tales.   Don't make stories up.

Now you're just fantasising 

How could you even know when I've been drinking?

Everyone can tell when youre losing an argument because you get personal and just start talking absolute BS try to distract from the fact that you have no argument 

I come on here to give my opinion then move on with my life

You want everyone to constantly engage with you and when they don't you claim to be victorious

Maybe it's the little pretend victories that get you through the day

Whatever floats your boat I suppose 🙄

Edited by Jack Grey

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Snipped 

Snipped 

CONGRATULATIONS 🎊 👏 💐 🥳 🎊 

Hair Splitting has officially become an Olympic event. Please put your name forward.

With you on Team GB a gold medal is a certainty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Facts 🤔

The number of terror suspects on the watchlist of Britain's MI5 security service has risen to 43,000, more than double the figure from the previous year, local media reported Tuesday.

Among the 43,000 people, 3,000 terror suspects remained "subjects of interest" and a further 40,000 individuals had been placed on a second list, The Telegraph newspaper reported.

So Suella Braverman is making a bid for the Tory leadership when Riski loses the next GE.....................

Edited by Longcol