The Yom Kippur War .

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Difference is   -   You were talking of surrendering Ukraine    -    I am talking of NO ONE surrendering , but being made to accept International Law.

The very simple thing which should have been done years ago.

Of course. :)

Now you are appropriating my position, which you and your clapping seals, have spent months dismissing, if not years , and insulting me.

The very solution I have been promoting infinitum on the Ukraine thread.

A cease fire,  negotiated settlement, forced by the West if necessary, to end the endless slaughter and destruction, not to mention the danger of WW3 erupting. Partition of disputed territory and new borders defined. A bargaining tool for Zelensky would be to agree to keep the Ukraine a neutral country vis a vis NATO.

I pointed out that inevitably this is how it will end, and that it is already too late for the dead.

Too bad you can't be sued for plagiarism!  :)

And I said the clapping seals will come on board, just as soon as the MSM "narrative", that Ukraine is winning, a shamed Putin has lost his support at home and in the "World". has bitten the dust, and elections are coming up.

You are the first of the armchair warmongers and clapping seals to acknowledge reality. and I trust more will join us.

So anyway, welcome aboard. Better late than never!

And congratulations on being "right", yet again!

You are batting 1000 (in your head)  :)

Edited by trastrick

22 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Any one got any thoughts on the situation in Israel 

It's a seriously intractable problem which has proved impossible to resolve despite numerous highly intelligent well informed international politicians and diplomats giving it their best efforts.

The problem is that it isn't the usual ' Big powerful nation invades smaller state and eventually after long and drawn out conflict withdraws to its own land ' situation.

The Jewish nation has nowhere to withdraw to, Israel is their only homeland. The Jews have been persecuted practically everywhere they've gone and anti Semitism is unfortunately still alive and evident today.

The Jewish people are an ancient and impressive race, they deserve to live in peace wherever they reside and they also deserve a homeland.

Then again, so do the Palestinians. Their people were  living in the area for over a thousand years  before the state of Israel was formed in 1948.

There are around a million Palestinian Christians around the world and approximately forty seven thousand in Palestine mainly in the West Bank. The majority of Palestinians are Muslims and most of them are peaceful, as are the majority of people from all races and nationalities.

Israel hasn't behaved particularly kindly toward the Palestinians and has encroached on Palestinian territory which was not given to them in the original arrangement.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides which is why it can't be settled.

Hamas are not freedom fighters, they are not wanting the Jews to go home, they know that they have no home to go to other than Israel. Hamas want to exterminate all the Jews and that has to be opposed, but Hamas do not represent all Palestinians and complete devastation of Gaza killing thousands of innocent civilians will act as a recruiting tool for Hamas.

Which is the only reason that I can think of for them carrying out this lunatic action knowing what the response would be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

It's a seriously intractable problem which has proved impossible to resolve despite numerous highly intelligent well informed international politicians and diplomats giving it their best efforts.

The problem is that it isn't the usual ' Big powerful nation invades smaller state and eventually after long and drawn out conflict withdraws to its own land ' situation.

The Jewish nation has nowhere to withdraw to, Israel is their only homeland. The Jews have been persecuted practically everywhere they've gone and anti Semitism is unfortunately still alive and evident today.

The Jewish people are an ancient and impressive race, they deserve to live in peace wherever they reside and they also deserve a homeland.

Then again, so do the Palestinians. Their people were  living in the area for over a thousand years  before the state of Israel was formed in 1948.

There are around a million Palestinian Christians around the world and approximately forty seven thousand in Palestine mainly in the West Bank. The majority of Palestinians are Muslims and most of them are peaceful, as are the majority of people from all races and nationalities.

Israel hasn't behaved particularly kindly toward the Palestinians and has encroached on Palestinian territory which was not given to them in the original arrangement.

There are rights and wrongs on both sides which is why it can't be settled.

Hamas are not freedom fighters, they are not wanting the Jews to go home, they know that they have no home to go to other than Israel. Hamas want to exterminate all the Jews and that has to be opposed, but Hamas do not represent all Palestinians and complete devastation of Gaza killing thousands of innocent civilians will act as a recruiting tool for Hamas.

Which is the only reason that I can think of for them carrying out this lunatic action knowing what the response would be.

Thank you and bang on the nail

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Hopefully the government will put pressure on the FA to light up the Wembley Arch in the colours of the Israel flag.  

I'd prefer to keep politics out of sports

People watch football to escape the crap that is going on in their lifes and all around them 

They've still got football players kneeling for BLM before each game 

45 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'd prefer to keep politics out of sports

People watch football to escape the crap that is going on in their lifes and all around them 

They've still got football players kneeling for BLM before each game 

Never liked our police knee-bending,   somehow  including football in this spreads the misery,  keep our football stadiums and players safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Axe said:

How it that the fault of the innocent women and children butchered at a musical festival?  The Hamas terrorists deliberately targeted innocent women and children.

It’s not the fault of the innocents, same as it’s not the fault of the normal Palestinian people.

Just now, harvey19 said:

Isn't there plenty of land for all to live on.

What is the obsession with wanting to own more land than is necessary.

I heard on the News yesterday that Gaza is one of the most densely populated places in the world. A lot of the Palestinians land has been taken over the years .

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I heard on the News yesterday that Gaza is one of the most densely populated places in the world. A lot of the Palestinians land has been taken over the years .

They should move to Saudi or UAE

It's lovely there 

A Premier League Footballers paradise