The Yom Kippur War .

8 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Because he's old and bitter 

Glad you quoted me cos apparently I’m on his ignore list ( cowards way out ).
Any thread , any subject , it’s all an argument with him and he is always right .

Edited by hackey lad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Glad you quoted me cos apparently I’m on his ignore list ( cowards way out ).
Any thread , any subject , it’s all an argument with him and he is always right .

He does have a lot to say and sometimes it's interesting 

But I just don't have the time or strength to engage with him 

No mention of Israel or Palestine then ?????????

Should I be proud that you would sooner discuss Organgrinder than the thread itself ?

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No mention of Israel or Palestine then ?????????

Should I be proud that you would sooner discuss Organgrinder than the thread itself ?

You should be very proud in your own head  and give yourself a big clap.  

Edited by Axe
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Axe said:

Correct terrorists have caused the war.

Can we please get a bit of historical perspective in this?

Israel, the country, was created after the second world war, in part a response to the horrors of the Holocaust, and the long term suffering of the Jews who had long wanted their own country, their own 'promised land.'  The British government (and others) obliged them by giving them land in Palestine, which formerly belonged to Arab people. This was at a time when Britain was still an imperial power to be reckoned with and could do this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, nobody bothered to ask the Arabs, and a line was drawn on a map, wiping out their homes and livelihoods. They were not happy as you might imagine, and resentment began to build, which has led to conflict ever since. 

With the help of the west, particularly America, Israel thrived, became a nuclear power, and started to throw it's weight about, taking more land off the Arabs. The Yom Kippour war was one of many reactions to this sort of thing. Israel being a nuclear power and the backing of America means it has the whip hand which it has used to bully the Arabs mercilessly, and will continue to do so and be an insurmountable problem until both sides agree an equitable sharing of land.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Israel, the country, was created after the second world war, in part a response to the horrors of the Holocaust, and the long term suffering of the Jews who had long wanted their own country, their own 'promised land.'  The British government (and others) obliged them by giving them land in Palestine, which formerly belonged to Arab people. This was at a time when Britain was still an imperial power to be reckoned with and could do this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, nobody bothered to ask the Arabs, and a line was drawn on a map, wiping out their homes and livelihoods. They were not happy as you might imagine, and resentment began to build, which has led to conflict ever since. 

With the help of the west, particularly America, Israel thrived, became a nuclear power, and started to throw it's weight about, taking more land off the Arabs. The Yom Kippour war was one of many reactions to this sort of thing, and will continue to be an insurmountable problem until both sides agree an equitable sharing of land.

I know the difference between right and wrong which because of history I support Israel. I also do not support or have sympathy with terrorist groups such as Hamas and the IRA  and do not have a problem with them being wiped out to make the World a better place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

I know the difference between right and wrong which because of history I support Israel. I also do not support or have sympathy with terrorist groups such as Hamas and the IRA  and do not have a problem with them being wiped out to make the World a better place.

Really? Are you sure? 

Doesn't sound like it to me....

18 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Rumour has it this 'terrorist attack' is nothing more than a convenient way for Israel and America to justify an attack on Iran. 

Iran are involved because they supply Hamas with weapons.  Any country that supplies terrorists with weapons make themselves justified for being attacked by other countries. The UK should have attacked Colonel  Gaddafi's  Libya regime when it was known he was supplying the IRA with weapons and semtex.

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Really? Are you sure? 

Doesn't sound like it to me....

I am sure which is one reason I never supported Jeremy Corbyn a well known terrorist sympathiser who also wore a white poppy. 

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

With the help of the west, particularly America, Israel thrived, became a nuclear power, and started to throw it's weight about, taking more land off the Arabs. The Yom Kippour war was one of many reactions to this sort of thing. Israel being a nuclear power and the backing of America means it has the whip hand which it has used to bully the Arabs mercilessly, and will continue to do so and be an insurmountable problem until both sides agree an equitable sharing of land.

That's quite correct Anna and I'm glad someone else is speaking out to tell the truth about this situation.

It's far too easy these days for big governments to brand anyone a "terrorist" when all they are doing is fighting for their homeland against those who are trying to take it from them.

One of the few politicians to state this was Jeremy Corbyn who was accused of anti-semitism at the time.

I am happy to carry on saying it and people can call me what they like,  but it doesn't give anyone the right to do just what they like because they are Jewish,  and nobody dare speak out..