The Yom Kippur War .

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Israel was blockading essentials like food and water, and denying them access to the internet according to BBC  'Hard Talk' and have been doing it for years. Just one of the many bullying tactics of Israel on Gaza.

And the hostages , Old people , young women ?  . Children .The moral high ground is easy to argue Anna 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67082047

Israel was warned by Egypt of potential violence three days before Hamas' deadly cross-border raid, a US congressional panel chairman has said.

House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee head Michael McCaul told reporters of the alleged warning.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu described the reports as "absolutely false".

Israeli intelligence services are under scrutiny for their failure to prevent the deadliest attack by Palestinian militants in Israel's 75-year history.

"We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen," Mr McCaul told reporters following a closed-door intelligence briefing on Wednesday for lawmakers about the Middle East crisis, according to AFP news agency.

"I don't want to get too much into classified, but a warning was given," the Texas Republican added. "I think the question was at what level."

Edited by cressida
Perhaps they wanted to wait and use it as an excuse to smash Gaza.

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

"The FA is unlikely to light the Wembley arch with the colours of the Israel flag in a show of support before England v Australia 'due to fears of a backlash'

The religion of peace.

😂😂

What a surprise.  Fear of reprisals, mob rule wins, and this is just the start....the threat of disturbance or terrorist attacks will see them get what they want.

I don't see any threats of disturbance from the Jewish community though. No surprise there either.

This is yet another example of the climate of fear spreading throughout the western world because of the influx of Muslims. The biggest mistake western political leaders ever made was to allow this backward, intolerant religion which operates by indoctrination, oppression, bullying, intimidation and violence to take root and spread like a cancer, eroding our freedoms of expression which are such an important part of our cultural identity. We've seen mob rule outside schools and cinemas by angry muslims driving people into hiding and getting films cancelled because of their threats. The authorities are too afraid to stand up to them so they capitulate by placating and pandering to them. Their numbers are constantly increasing via immigration and birthrates and it's only a matter of time before they start their own political party and gain power through sheer weight of numbers. Then they'll have finally achieved what they've been trying to since the middle ages, the conquest of Europe. It won't have been done done by fighting a war but because we're too weak and complacent to stop it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, despritdan said:

This is yet another example of the climate of fear spreading throughout the western world because of the influx of Muslims. The biggest mistake western political leaders ever made was to allow this backward, intolerant religion which operates by indoctrination, oppression, bullying, intimidation and violence to take root and spread like a cancer, eroding our freedoms of expression which are such an important part of our cultural identity. We've seen mob rule outside schools and cinemas by angry muslims driving people into hiding and getting films cancelled because of their threats. The authorities are too afraid to stand up to them so they capitulate by placating and pandering to them. Their numbers are constantly increasing via immigration and birthrates and it's only a matter of time before they start their own political party and gain power through sheer weight of numbers. Then they'll have finally achieved what they've been trying to since the middle ages, the conquest of Europe. It won't have been done done by fighting a war but because we're too weak and complacent to stop it.

Excellent post.

Folk will say you are being melodramatic or racist, but what you say is so true. The UK and Western Europe has sleep walked into the inevitable.

I dread to think what flag Sheffield city council will be flying in 20-30 years time.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

It’s not the fault of the innocents, same as it’s not the fault of the normal Palestinian people.

It is a sad fact when wars start innocents civilians get killed.  This happened is such places as London and Dresden during World War 2.  It was the Hamas terrorists who started this war. Hamas terrorists use residential areas to launch their rockets from and build their tunnels from which make those areas a target for Israeli military action.  The Hamas terrorists could help the innocent Palestine people if they released the  hostages taken and then it is more likely power will be restored and food allowed to enter the area.  However most of the hostages are likely to already have been murdered by the Hamas terrorist savages.

3 hours ago, Axe said:

The images of the Wembley Arch being lit in the colours of Israel will be shown around the World and will show the Jewish people our country supports them.  Only terrorists sympathisers can have a problem with respect and support being shown for the Jewish people after the massacre that happened on 7th October.

I'm not bothered what they do with the lights at Wembley because it's of no importance whatsoever.  What is important is the situation in Palestine and thereabouts.

You have still not managed to grasp a very simple message and that is why I often question your mindset.  People like myself ARE NOT TERRORIST SYMPTHISERS  we sympathise with the people of Palestine.

I have said repeatedly that I DO NOT condone terrorism and the terrorists will never have my support.   I will be the one who decides what I respect and what have a problem with and not you..

Even Jack Grey agrees that politics and football are not a good mix and it's rare that he takes the same stance as me.   As I always say  ( and as you NEVER say )  you are entitled to decide for yourself but not for others.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

The very solution I have been promoting infinitum on the Ukraine thread.

A cease fire,  negotiated settlement, forced by the West if necessary, to end the endless slaughter and destruction, not to mention the danger of WW3 erupting. Partition of disputed territory and new borders defined. A bargaining tool for Zelensky would be to agree to keep the Ukraine a neutral country vis a vis NATO.

I pointed out that inevitably this is how it will end, and that it is already too late for the dead.

As was pointed out to you ad infinitum, your proposed solution for Ukraine won't work since it relies on Putin abiding by his promises to respect whatever borders are negotiated. He has repeatedly broken such promises in the past and so any such assurances he gives are worthless. Unless you can come up with an effective way of discouraging Russia from invading again in the future, your solution isn't a solution - it just provides an opportunity for Russia to rearm and leaves Ukraine vulnerable to them attacking again later. There is an effective way of discouraging Russia from invading again, it's for Ukraine to join NATO.

15 hours ago Organgrinder says:

(When accused of drunken posts :))

"Regarding drinking, I know that some posters do but, as I have stated before on here,  I don't drink."

(Then, just in case some of his clapping seal pals like to drink, he makes sure to let them know he's one of the lads :))

3 hours ago Organgrinder says:

"Spending my life entertaining in pubs and clubs,  I've always manged to drink without getting leery,  but I have had to deal with others who have lost their sense".

Orgy, bless him, our Man for All Seasons.  :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Haha 1