The Yom Kippur War .

Just now, Longcol said:

Or it could just be that youngish blokes can put up with more making the journey over here and have more chance of getting paid employment. 

Yes it could be. That's the one I'm rooting for as the alternative isn't good.

8 minutes ago, cressida said:

If they are soldiers why wouldn't they be fighting their own governments?

U.S.  Secretary of State,  A.  Blinken will convene with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestine Authority on Friday.

Netanyahu says it shouldn't be allowed and anyone talking to them should be sanctioned .

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes it could be. That's the one I'm rooting for as the alternative isn't good.

The alternative woulld require gross incompetence on behalf of the authoriies - although HMG have cut customs staff to the bone.

• Like 1

Just now, Longcol said:

The alternative woulld require gross incompetence on behalf of the authoriies - although HMG have cut customs staff to the bone.

Incompetence or complicity.

You don't really belive Israel was taken 'completely by surprise' do you? 

On 11/10/2023 at 18:40, cressida said:

Don't know if I've said it on here (I have elsewhere)  but Trump would have stopped the war in Ukraine,  and diffused the Yom Kippur war - I don't believe Biden is a communicator and has much impact.  imo.

Trump would've done no such thing:

Biden White House condemns Trump’s ‘dangerous’ Israel-Hamas remarks | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Trump is just a self serving agitator, rabble rouser and a freak of humanity.

Edited by Mister M