The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, despritdan said:

I think you're right, neither side is whiter than white and displaying the Israeli flag would trigger off even more of a backlash against Jews by muslims than we're already seeing. Why can't we have a neutral flag that shows sympathy for the innocent victims of war and terrorism whatever their nationality? 

Why should a flag trigger of a backlash , it’s a piece of cloth fluttering in the wind , perhaps a white one would please these flag protesters 

13 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Or even both flags in support of the people of both nations who just want to live their lives without the daily threat caused by the militants

Now that makes sense,   which is why it probably won't catch on unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Ah!

But the armchair warmongers always know best!  They'll fight to the last foreigner!

(They can always change channels, if they get it wrong!)

:)

I think that Anna refers to the armchair generals who inflict death and injury on their own people as well as the foes rather than foreigners.

They are the only ones who could make a real difference.

All the rest of us are armchair warmongers or peace makers.

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

All Israeli people are now on the front line Trasty , I mean attending a music festival they were armed to the teeth ,         With a beer .

What’s your veiw about the water, electric and food aid being cut off by Israel?

When Russia did it in Ukraine the EU leader said it was an act of terror but has not said the same this time.

What is your opinion about the Israeli order for over a million Gaza’ns living in North Gaza to relocate south within 24 hours?

Disproportionately killing Gazans for the actions of Hamas and committing war crimes by Israel in response to the Hamas attack will just continue the circle of violence..

• Thanks 2

Always remember one of the aims of a terrorist is to cause a situation which will have repercussions and then exploit the repercussions.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Now that makes sense,   which is why it probably won't catch on unfortunately.

There should be no flags flying over our town hall except the Union flag, the South Yorkshire flag or Royal Standard when appropriate.

48 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

And there speaks a man who has spent his life,   not on a battlefield,   but in an armchair,  and just advocates surrender.

And here I've spent my life traveling the World since I was 16!  :)

According to you, I'm kept busy sweeping out beach shacks, offering my wife to anybody who'll take her, as any Putin bootlicking, cowardly, Covid denying, conspiracy theorist would do!

So how do you figure I have time to sit in an armchair?  :)

I just hope you have somebody to help you sort out your meds!

Edited by trastrick

3 minutes ago, trastrick said:

And here I've spent my life traveling the World since I was 16!  :)

According to you, I'm kept busy sweeping out beach shacks, offering my wife to anybody who'll take her, as any Putin bootlicking, cowardly, Covid denying, conspiracy theorist would do!

So how do you figure I have time to sit in an armchair?  :)

I just hope you have somebody to help you sort out your meds!

1  -  Travelling the world has nothing to do with knowledge of warfare.

2  -  What differentiates you from armchair warmongers,  except that you are an armchair surrenderer ?

3  -  How do you know the warmongers are sat in an armchair ?

Just answer question 2 & 3

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

All Israeli people are now on the front line Trasty , I mean attending a music festival they were armed to the teeth ,         With a beer .

They have a strong Leader in Netanyahu. for better or worse. He won't run, or hide.

All we hear from the other side is "Hamas", and "spokesperson for Hamas".

A little research about their leader.

Like the armchair warriors here, he's hiding out in anonymity in parts unknown :)

According to the Washington Post:

"Ismail Haniyeh is the group’s political leader and has been based abroad since 2019; his whereabouts are not known". 

My guess is he's on the French Riviera, counting the $billions he gets on a regular basis from the Western Dupes.  :)

While his poor cannon fodder sods in Palestine, are counting their dead and maimed.

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

Was it George Bush who said   "If you're not with us, you're against us" (regarding the Iraq war ?)

That's exactly the sort of thinking we can do without. And to hear it come from a Western Leader is doubly alarming.

It's the sort of thinking that's being encouraged in this war, and it insults the intelligence and leads to the sort of radicalization we are trying to combat. 

• Like 3