The Yom Kippur War .

51 minutes ago, cressida said:

Religion is furthest from their minds,  more like power,  dominance,  land and greed.   Manipulators of religion meaning  a pretence - it's an excuse for their belligerence.

I agree

But they are screaming Allah Akbar in a lot of the videos 

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I agree

Just played the video,  American humour always pinpoints it.

I only go by what Jesus said - don't knock that because you said on here that you were a Christian.

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I agree

They think that's their justification. 

Everybody needs an excuse for what they do these days,  because everybody's busy wrong doing these days.

Edited by Organgrinder

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I have Christian values....

but I don't believe in God

You said you would order them to kill the Hamas families.  That's not Christian values.  ??????????

Glad you don't.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You said you would order them to kill the Hamas families.  That's not Christian values.  ??????????

Glad you don't.

I'm also not the Israeli government

I said if I was them I would kill their families as a warning to others 

I bet it would make suicide bombers think twice about strapping explosives to themselves if they knew their mother would be executed for their crime 

Edited by Jack Grey

The human race is without doubt a strange species. If there existed such a thing as a dispassionate disinterested observer of what has taken place with regard to this situation what rational impartial conclusion would they reach?

A group of fanatics murder over a thousand fellow human beings over a disagreement. The government of the country those people belonged to respond by killing over a thousand fellow human beings belonging to the country which the fanatics claim to represent.

None of the victims in either country was identified as being in any way involved or responsible for the situation which resulted in these atrocities. They were innocent people simply trying to live their lives. They were simply used as dispensable pawns in political tactics.

What conclusion would the  uninvolved neutral observer reach with regard to human behaviour? I don't pretend to know what Israel could have or should have done differently. 

As I said in my post on page 49 # 584  what Hamas did appeared to be complete lunacy which would obviously draw a devastating response.

So the only logical conclusion can be that they wanted all hell to break loose and Israel is playing their game. But as I said, what else could they do?