The Yom Kippur War .

15 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The human race is without doubt a strange species. If there existed such a thing as a dispassionate disinterested observer of what has taken place with regard to this situation what rational impartial conclusion would they reach?

A group of fanatics murder over a thousand fellow human beings over a disagreement. The government of the country those people belonged to respond by killing over a thousand fellow human beings belonging to the country which the fanatics claim to represent.

None of the victims in either country was identified as being in any way involved or responsible for the situation which resulted in these atrocities. They were innocent people simply trying to live their lives. They were simply used as dispensable pawns in political tactics.

What conclusion would the  uninvolved neutral observer reach with regard to human behaviour? I don't pretend to know what Israel could have or should have done differently. 

As I said in my post on page 49 # 584  what Hamas did appeared to be complete lunacy which would obviously draw a devastating response.

So the only logical conclusion can be that they wanted all hell to break loose and Israel is playing their game. But as I said, what else could they do?

One of the aims of the terrorist is to cause a situation which results in a strong response and then the terrorists exploit this response.

39 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm also not the Israeli government

I said if I was them I would kill their families as a warning to others 

I bet it would make suicide bombers think twice about strapping explosives to themselves if they knew their mother would be executed for their crime 

I understand you are calling for punishment and revenge,  and I understand why but,  they are still not Christian values.

The Hamas deeds were abominable but you don't visit the sins of the father on the child or the family.

If you would, that makes you as bad as Hamas.

Just now, Organgrinder said:

I understand you are calling for punishment and revenge,  and I understand why but,  they are still not Christian values.

The Hamas deeds were abominable but you don't visit the sins of the father on the child or the family.

It's how Stalin kept everyone in line 

And it worked for Saddam too

When youre dealing with savages who have no rules then you have to deal with them with no rules 

50 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The human race is without doubt a strange species. If there existed such a thing as a dispassionate disinterested observer of what has taken place with regard to this situation what rational impartial conclusion would they reach?

A group of fanatics murder over a thousand fellow human beings over a disagreement. The government of the country those people belonged to respond by killing over a thousand fellow human beings belonging to the country which the fanatics claim to represent.

None of the victims in either country was identified as being in any way involved or responsible for the situation which resulted in these atrocities. They were innocent people simply trying to live their lives. They were simply used as dispensable pawns in political tactics.

What conclusion would the  uninvolved neutral observer reach with regard to human behaviour? I don't pretend to know what Israel could have or should have done differently. 

As I said in my post on page 49 # 584  what Hamas did appeared to be complete lunacy which would obviously draw a devastating response.

So the only logical conclusion can be that they wanted all hell to break loose and Israel is playing their game. But as I said, what else could they do?

That's very well summed up and I agree.

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

It's how Stalin kept everyone in line 

And it worked for Saddam too

When youre dealing with savages who have no rules then you have to deal with them with no rules 

I know he did and I know Saddam did and I've said I know what you mean but,  you cannot claim to have any Christian values at all.

They would be the acts of a savage   -   the very type of person you are calling out yourself.

Any intelligent life form in space would conclude that the whole damned lot of us are mad.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

When the child paid for the weapon and the mother told the father to do it, yes you can visit the sin on the family.
There are some very famous pigeons who dodged german falcons trained to kill them.
https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/poultry-101/heroic-pigeons-in-world-war-ii/

Edited by Findlay

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

When the parents bring up the child to hate a different group of people there is little hope for the future.