The Yom Kippur War .

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

What is the point of that where you are concerned? You make up your mind on limited information based upon what you want to believe. 

It's called confirmation bias, you are not prepared to believe there may be another side to the story.

Your refusal to open links providing information on a subject in case it conflicts with your already decided view is confirmation of what a closed mind you have.

Hilariously, you actually have the total lack of self awareness that allows you to accuse others of being intransigent when you are the one  least able to accept any other opinion than your own.

Completely wrong. Where in this thread have I showed a closed mind. I have tried to open it up to information by asking questions, which by the way you have not answered even though they were relevant to your Google reply.

You sadly make things up to reinforce your view, an example is you quoting confirmation bias when I am not confirming anything.

I do not open your links as you only show those which confirm your views never ones with opposing views.

Who have I accused of being intransigent ?

Your final sentence indicates to me that you can not accept that you are wrong.

3 hours ago, m williamson said:

The Jewish people have a right to a homeland. Israel was established in May 1948 and recognised by the United States on the same day. Two years earlier the Americans had appointed Dr Henry F Grady to head a commission which negotiated with the British commission headed by Herbert Morrison. This was the initial move in bringing about the state of Israel.

Israel has encroached further out into land not given to them. They have contravened over thirty UN Security Council resolutions from 1968 onwards and have been backed up by the US on a number of occasions.

One such violation was Resolution number 466 passed in March 1979 which demanded that Israel cease building settlements in territory it occupied since 1967, including in east Jerusalem and that it remove those already built.

Israel has built 33 new settlements in occupied territory since the adoption of Resolution 466 in 1979. It can flout UN resolutions because it has Americas backing.

Since 2008 there have been 6,407 Palestinian fatalities and 152,560 Palestinian injuries compared with 308 Israeli fatalities and 6,307 Israeli injuries.

There is nothing black and white about this situation, Jews deserve and need a homeland, Palestinians need consideration also. Hamas knew what Israel's reaction would be to their atrocity, they wanted Israel to respond in that way.

Those making the decisions for both sides regard civilians of either ethnicity as expendable pawns in their grisly game of blood soaked chess.

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Thank you for your advice but I stand by my point.

After 70 pages about the rights and wrongs of the Israeli state I thought it worthwhile to introduce 3 very relevant points into the debate which had not been covered and which should be the starting point.  I consider the way I introduced them should have stimulated extending the debate which is an accepted way to conduct a debate. It gets people to think rather than just reading a sentence and moving on.

Here's a question for you. If you thought that those questions would stimulate debate why didn't you find out the answers, then post them and ask for other posters views as to the rights and wrongs of what happened, instead of asking other people to find information for you?

In addition to being closed minded you come across as a bit of a narcissist expecting others to do your bidding and find out information which you could just as  easily look up yourself.

" I consider the way I introduced them should have stimulated extending the debate. "  You really do have a rather high opinion of yourself don't you?

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

Here's a question for you. If you thought that those questions would stimulate debate why didn't you find out the answers, then post them and ask for other posters views as to the rights and wrongs of what happened, instead of asking other people to find information for you?

In addition to being closed minded you come across as a bit of a narcissist expecting others to do your bidding and find out information which you could just as  easily look up yourself.

" I consider the way I introduced them should have stimulated extending the debate. "  You really do have a rather high opinion of yourself don't you?

Rather a pathetic post.

Insulting others does not increase your own credibility.

Just now, hackey lad said:

People please give it a rest . Ask questions , answer questions , talk about those questions and answers .

Just what I tried to do and look at the insults that have been thrown at me for asking questions. Unbelievable.

But yes it is time to enjoy Strictly come Dancing.

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Mossad didn't even know the attack was coming .

I have just seen on the news that Hamas was training for the attacks in 6 different areas in Gaza and quite close to the borders in the north and south.

The news also stated that America was warned of a Hamas violence alert a few days prior.

it has been confirmed that the 70 gazans fleeing were bombed by an air strike.

I think this war is going to spread and others are going to get involved which is quite sad,

The double standards by world leaders is absolutely sickening as it is clear to see that genocide is now happening, starving people of water for a week and then expecting more then a million people to relocate is beyond belief.