The Yom Kippur War .

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

So here we have the only Western Ally in the Middle East, Israel, a democracy which allows all religions and ethnic backgrounds to live in peace, and to run for and take part in its politics.

And when attacked by terrorists that kill maim and kidnap civilians, and routinely target and murder babies, we get all this crapola about who started it from the usual suspects here. Worse. some human degenerates seem to find it completely justifiable, given their relentless  criticism of Israel alone.

i would say that the U.K. has joined the third world banana republics, nay, sunk lower than any banana republic I have ever spent time in!

Sad to see, in just one lifetime.

Some see that the current solution by Israelis( a word that has unfortunate connotations for the Jewish community) will prove to be another step in ensuring another generation of war between the various factions.

It seems that you both understand and are in favour of the possible upcoming massacre of Palestinian civilians including children ,hospital patients ,the elderly and infirm which will not solve anything other than a need for revenge.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Some see that the current solution by Israelis( a word that has unfortunate connotations for the Jewish community) will prove to be another step in ensuring another generation of war between the various factions.

It seems that you both understand and are in favour of the possible upcoming massacre of Palestinian civilians including children ,hospital patients ,the elderly and infirm which will not solve anything other than a need for revenge.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" 

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" 

Not all Israelis consider Netyanyahu to be a good man,long before this latest episode exploded.

Are you a good man doing something ?

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

In a war of survival between a democracy and a group who has been designated "Terrorists" by Europe and the United States democracies, I can assure you that my sympathies are with the democracy.

Let there be no mistake about that,

(whatever "seems" to be my position, according to you!)

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

In a war of survival between a democracy and a group who has been designated "Terrorists" by Europe and the United States democracies, I can assure you that my sympathies are with the democracy.

Let there be no mistake about that,

(whatever "seems" to be my position, according to you!)

The democracy is seemingly about to carry out an act of unbelievable retribution on a  Palestinian population that may or may not have supported Hamas,which by the way was democratically elected but has since been hi jacked by a terrorist faction.

Edited by RJRB

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Israel does not deliberately target civilians.  In most wars many civilians are killed.  The Hamas terrorists started this new war.  Those innocent Jews slaughtered had no warning and no chance to escape the murderous Hamas terrorists.  The civilians living in the war zone created by the Hamas terrorists have had a least a week to escape.  The truth is the Hamas terrorists do not care about innocent civilians being killed which is why they are telling the people living in the war zone not to move.

"Israel does not deliberately target civilians" - not true

"The truth is the Hamas terrorists do not care about innocent civilians being killed which is why they are telling the people living in the war zone not to move." - true.

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The democracy is seemingly about to carry out an act of unbelievable retribution on a  Palestinian population that may or may not have supported Hamas,which by the way was democratically elected but has since been hi jacked by a terrorist faction.

Is that the case? I thought Hamas got a majority in 2006 but not enough to govern alone. The president of Israel himself says that Hamas then took power in a military coup but is now justifying the killing of civilians for not overthrowing a regime that took power through violence.

25 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The democracy is seemingly about to carry out an act of unbelievable retribution on Palestinian .A population that may or may not have supported Hamas,which by the way was democratically elected but has since been hi jacked by a terrorist faction.

But as I said before, elections have consequences.

I would think that the Palestinians main problem would be having their elected government "hijacked by a terrorist faction" if that were really the case.

Are the Palestinians protesting this hijacking? Appealing for Western help to overthrow the terrorist usurpers?  :) Trying to flee from these terrorists?

It wasn't hijacked by Israel. It would seem to be a domestic Palestinian problem.

As usual the West is behind this nonsense by sending $billions to these anti-democratic groups over the last 20 years or so. Like in Ukraine with Europe's addiction to Putin's oil, and money to the Taliban. Every dollar/pound you send to help keep this human debris in power, is blood on your hands. (Even if you're parked on your sofa, in front of your telly).

The democracy next door, has the right to protect itself from attack by these terrorists, by all means at their disposal.

And in war, that means ALL means at their disposal, including bombing them and their supporters back into the Stone Age.

And face the reality that in war, the ultimate human obscenity, collateral damage is an accepted fact of life.

Always has been.

Edited by trastrick