Atkinsons

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am happy to provide them with sample menus incase of cancellations. We are Zenith. Please email wrekincoms861@gmail.com for more information. Thanks.

There are no catering businesses registered in Sheffield with that name on Companies House
There are no catering businesses registered and inspected by Sheffield City Council (Food Hygiene)

Either you're operating an illegal business or as we all know, it's all in your head. 

But let me give a quick breakdown of how I know it's a fantasy, ignoring the above. 

£55k profit. Assuming an unrealistically high profit margin of 50% on the product/service. 

So you sold £110k of product/service, or £2156 per week, giving it a 51 week year. Your posts suggest that you're catering for corporate clients but they wouldn't pay in cash and you claim you only take cash. I also doubt that you're catering corporate events on a weekly basis, sufficiently to gross almost 2200 a week. 

A business doing that well wouldn't be shy about handing it's details out nor would it have zero online presence save for a Gmail account, least one that has no obvious connection to the business. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Resident said:

There are no catering businesses registered in Sheffield with that name on Companies House
There are no catering businesses registered and inspected by Sheffield City Council (Food Hygiene)

Either you're operating an illegal business or as we all know, it's all in your head. 

But let me give a quick breakdown of how I know it's a fantasy, ignoring the above. 

£55k profit. Assuming an unrealistically high profit margin of 50% on the product/service. 

So you sold £110k of product/service, or £2156 per week, giving it a 51 week year. Your posts suggest that you're catering for corporate clients but they wouldn't pay in cash and you claim you only take cash. I also doubt that you're catering corporate events on a weekly basis, sufficiently to gross almost 2200 a week. 

A business doing that well wouldn't be shy about handing it's details out nor would it have zero online presence save for a Gmail account, least one that has no obvious connection to the business. 

Our profit margins are commercially sensitive information, so I won't be able to disclose those details unfortunately. Please email the address provided if you would like to find out more about our services. Thank you.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Can I just say a big thank you Irene :thumbsup:

We recently had a big birthday bash at "Padders Bar" and on a recommendation from a friend we used your catering services...

Yourself and your team did an excellent job.

Very professional, we shall definitely use your services again.........

You are very welcome, Padders. Thank you for your glowing review! We look forward to working with you again.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 20:16, ECCOnoob said:

Surely could have picked irenecaterer@gmail....  or something.  Looks like just the sort of spoofing email address that people use to fake multiple accounts or do dodgy things on the internet to me.  

But hey, of course we are dealing with a business genius here. Her two diplomas, her illustrious career as Chief Executive of a railway snack trolley which she 'retired' from, now master of catering and seemingly retail guru all of course while still being in her 20s. It really is an achievement.

NOW to try and drag this thread back kicking and screaming into the real world....

I think the star article that the original poster was referring to was one of their photo montages from back in February this year depicting the 151 year history of the store.  Within it there is a quote from some spokesperson who "... Urged shoppers to support the store, and in doing so, help them continue serving sheffielders....'

Can't find anything more recent than that -  so how that quite gets translated to concern the store is closing seems a bit far fetched.  Think it's all a bit. 'Move along people. Nothing to see here'

Well , I never said it was true , it was what someone told me that's all . And you may be right about the Star bit . Still think it would be a shame if it did close though . Mind you I must be one of the lazy ones who shop on line . I do use shops too though in my defence M,LUD 

On 12/10/2023 at 13:51, Irene Swaine said:

Our profit margins are commercially sensitive information, so I won't be able to disclose those details unfortunately. Please email the address provided if you would like to find out more about our services. Thank you.

Good answer !

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 18:51, Irene Swaine said:

Your email address takes you a housing association in Wales. X

• Haha 1