Protesters On Town Hall Roof

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - but I suspect there would be some clues within the 'demonstration' which give security some idea of their intent - or am I being too logical?

I think you're not thinking like someone who wants to climb to the top of the town hall. If there's a protest going on at the front of the building the police and security staff are naturally going to be focussed on that. Far easier to approach the building round the back where nobody is watching and start climbing there. They'd probably reached the roof before anyone even noticed them.

• Like 1

Only joined the forum to say this.

My ancestors lived in Sheffield, i spent 20 years of my life there although i'm not from Sheffield myself.  Just wanted to say that what I saw today angered me very much.

A significant minority of Arabs and Muslims the world over want to kill the Jewish people, The Gaza strip is a breading ground for terrorists, where Jihadists come from the world over to be enabled in their dream of killing Jewish people.    If the shoe was on the other foot and Hamas had the superior military , there would not be a single Jew, or Christian for that matter in all of Israel / Palestine.

This Idiot today is a product of a failure of political education.  The far left, the far right with crazy stances of supporting Russia, Hamas, twisted narratives and conspiracy theorists  everywhere.   I'm glad I wasn't there today,  It's a complete joke the level of entitlement and lack of education in the UK is simply staggering.  A country sold out by the torries, and screwed by brexit, and fast on the road to self destruction, I live in Spain now, I'm glad I don't live in the UK any more, it really is an embarrassment .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

The protester raised a Palestinian flag, not a Hamas flag, so lets all calm down. 

Indeed. As one of the guests on the Jeremy Vine show said today - " it would have been far more effective to have added the Palestinian flag alongside the Israeli one". 

How the hell did he manage to get up there? Not exactly the most secure of places if any Tom, Dick or Harry can just climb on to the roof! 

If he wasn't arrested....why not?!

7 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Indeed. As one of the guests on the Jeremy Vine show said today - " it would have been far more effective to have added the Palestinian flag alongside the Israeli one". 

The UK does not recognise Palestine though.

Edited by Colin Foster