Prisons Full, Burglars & Rapists Not Jailed

The increase in the number of criminals in this country will be in line with the increase in the general population, thanks to an insane policy of open door immigration over the last few decades, which allows anybody and everybody from all over the world to come here, regardless of their cultural attitudes, civilised values, temperament or mindset. We have an unsustainable population with not enough houses or prisons to cope. Starmer wants to build an extra 1.5 million homes but hasn't mentioned building extra prisons or controlling the numbers coming here. There are around 10,000 foreign prisoners costing the taxpayers a fortune with human rights lawyers waiting to pounce if any of them are threatened with deportation. Things will only get worse.

• Like 1

Guest ThaBoom
19 hours ago, Findlay said:

So what do you propose to do with thousands of criminals who cannot be released due to their risk to the public?

They cannot be rehabilitated and we no longer lock animals up in zoos, never mind humans. It's inhumane.

Though I'm in favour of the death penalty for serious crimes, especially murder when proven beyond doubt- you can't execute burglars.

Unless the burglar committed some further atrocity, like murdering the occupants. 

As for rapists, they should be in jail, if being set free then castrate them.

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

We aren't allowed to deport Romanians because their prisons aren't as cushy as ours 

Apparently the cells are too small even though they are in the EU 🙄

In 2019 it was said that 16% of returnees under the EU prisoner transfer framework were Romanians. I've no idea if we are still party to this framework after Brexit, but GBeebies reports we were still deporting Romanians to serve their sentences last year. 

3 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

In 2019 it was said that 16% of returnees under the EU prisoner transfer framework were Romanians. I've no idea if we are still party to this framework after Brexit, but GBeebies reports we were still deporting Romanians to serve their sentences last year. 

Just ignore JG. He hates foreigners so will make things up to justify his views. 

22 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

I read it in some article some time ago 

Maybe the policy has changed 

But a large number of criminals sneak into the country by boat after being deported