Am I Safe In The City Centre

2 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Ah...

You're one of them who thinks the Nazis and KKK represent all of the white population.

Fortunately i'm able to separate the extremists from the majority.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Which fits in nicely with the whole thread really.

Why don’t you just tell us all what is on your mind. Spit it out fella.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Nobody has ever claimed that on the 20 uears I've been on SF, 

So where is me condemning extremists claiming that it's all Muslims??

I'm not Islamaphobic, i'm against nutcase extremists who don't care about harming others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Nope - not ignoring owt. If owt kicks off it's much more likely to be in London, Birmingham or Manchester,

I agree. However, being much more likely to be in London, Birmingham or Manchester doesn't mean it won't (if anything kicks off at all) happen here too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Can''t think of a "fancy pant royal event" taking place in Birmingham on 21 November 1974 when pub bombs killed 21 people. Just normal folk going out for a drink.

Civilians were not the intended target in that event, but there was a problem with the warning message.

1 minute ago, leviathan13 said:

So where is me condemning extremists claiming that it's all Muslims??

I'm not Islamaphobic, i'm against nutcase extremists who don't care about harming others.

My bold

In my experience most Muslims are against that too. These radical types give them all a bad name to some. My Pakistani friends are particularly vocal when it comes to speaking their minds about these people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

So you're ignoring what happened in town and to the town hall this week?

No.

Some folk appear to be making a real drama out of it.

Nobody seems to have got het up about a 14 year old kid being stabbed in the city centre a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/teenage-boy-stabbed-sheffield-crime-b2413050.html

1 minute ago, Dardandec said:

Civilians were not the intended target in that event, but there was a problem with the warning message.

Who was then - royalty in a boozer in the middle of Brum?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

No.

Some folk appear to be making a real drama out of it.

Nobody seems to have got het up about a 14 year old kid being stabbed in the city centre a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/teenage-boy-stabbed-sheffield-crime-b2413050.html

Got het up in what way?

What would you like to have seen?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

In my experience most Muslims are against that too. These radical types give them all a bad name to some. My Pakistani friends are particularly vocal when it comes to speaking their minds about these people.

Exactly!

But, then again, look at the Pakistani / India feud... no love lost there!

Unlike some, i am able to distinguish the extremists from those who are innocent.