One Four One Bar, West Street - Avoid

Irene Swaine

Just now, RollingJ said:

Brilliant. But that does not mean that similar schemes are not in operation in the area.

If there were, He Has Risen would not have had to clutch at straws with a page from Northampton. There was no mention of it being a county scheme on the poster and no other bars display this poster in Sheffield.

11 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

That scheme is not operating here. And I am not aware of any other bars in Sheffield doing this, so I don't see why this one bar has taken it upon themselves to do this.  I am always suspicious of giving out my personal details, with the risk of them being used for fraud, human trafficking, illegal migration or even someone using them to harm me. 

I literally told you about one other venue that is doing it, there are likely others. 

Source: a relative who went a few weeks ago. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

If there were, He Has Risen would not have had to clutch at straws with a page from Northampton. There was no mention of it being a county scheme on the poster and no other bars display this poster in Sheffield.

Do you  think that other forces do not have similar schemes, or that they operate in little 'force areas'? I'll tell you something - they do have similar schemes, and they do talk to each other.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Do you  think that other forces do not have similar schemes, or that they operate in little 'force areas'? I'll tell you something - they do have similar schemes, and they do talk to each other.

That was one of the first Google hits I saw. Schemes like this will be happening all over the country, either county wide like in Northampton, or on an ad hoc basis like in Sheffield. 

Irene has a choice not to submit documents to these scanners and to walk away. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

What are these "forces" you speak of? Witchcraft? The Magic Circle?

Just now, nikki-red said:

I’ve named 3 earlier in the thread.

Foundry

Tiger Works

Dempseys

Are they scanning them or are they storing them on file for a period of time? The Foundry pub closed down years ago, it's now a salon I believe, if you are talking about rhe one off Barrow Road.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

What are these "forces" you speak of? Witchcraft? The Magic Circle?

Are they scanning them or are they storing them on file for a period of time? The Foundry pub closed down years ago, it's now a salon I believe, if you are talking about rhe one off Barrow Road.

Foundry is the Students Union bar on Western Bank.

https://ground.news/article/sandton-nightclub-owner-jailed-for-defrauding-property-traders 

Be careful with who you share your security information with.

Just now, nikki-red said:

Foundry is the Students Union bar on Western Bank.

I thought you meant the pub on Wincobank. 

I have been in the student union bar and I was not asked if they could photocopy my passport. I would have said no, told them to get lost and took my custom to The Harley instead.