One Four One Bar, West Street - Avoid

Irene Swaine

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What are these "forces" you speak of? Witchcraft? The Magic Circle?

Are they scanning them or are they storing them on file for a period of time? The Foundry pub closed down years ago, it's now a salon I believe, if you are talking about rhe one off Barrow Road.

Police forces, you idiot. Who else do you think have law & order responsibilities?

Edited by RollingJ
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What are these "forces" you speak of? Witchcraft? The Magic Circle?

Are they scanning them or are they storing them on file for a period of time? The Foundry pub closed down years ago, it's now a salon I believe, if you are talking about rhe one off Barrow Road.

They will be subject to the same GDPR requirements as Tank and the venue you walked past, and are sharing details of banned people. 

17 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

https://ground.news/article/sandton-nightclub-owner-jailed-for-defrauding-property-traders 

Be careful with who you share your security information with.

I thought you meant the pub on Wincobank. 

I have been in the student union bar and I was not asked if they could photocopy my passport. I would have said no, told them to get lost and took my custom to The Harley instead. 

That was a proper pub Irene.

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Police forces, you idiot. Who else do you think have law & order responsibilities?

There was no mention of the police force on the poster and I have seen nothing about this scheme on the SYPD website. This bar is trying to take the law in to their own hands and are potentially breaking the law in the process. I am sure that obstructing the pavement with the fencing they put up at night time is illegal too. 

14 minutes ago, Padders said:

That was a proper pub Irene.

Used to be nice in the summer, they'd put benches out on the bridge. Shame it closed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

There was no mention of the police force on the poster and I have seen nothing about this scheme on the SYPD website. This bar is trying to take the law in to their own hands and are potentially breaking the law in the process. I am sure that obstructing the pavement with the fencing they put up at night time is illegal too. 

The police advise the clubs/bars with regard to security - there doesn't have to be a specific SYP scheme, there are national guidelines, which individual forces can expand/publish their implementation of.

I doubt they are 'taking the law into their own hands' - maybe interpreting the guidance they receive a little strictly, but if they are doing anything illegal, you are able to to take this up with the licencing authority, i this case, Sheffield City Council.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

The police advise the clubs/bars with regard to security - there doesn't have to be a specific SYP scheme, there are national guidelines, which individual forces can expand/publish their implementation of.

I doubt they are 'taking the law into their own hands' - maybe interpreting the guidance they receive a little strictly, but if they are doing anything illegal, you are able to to take this up with the licencing authority, i this case, Sheffield City Council.

I will be and I will be encouraging everyone who has had their data copied by this bar to submit a mandatory Subject Access Request under GDPR regulations.

It's strange how you agreed with me until your chum piped up with a link from Northamptonshire.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I will be and I will be encouraging everyone who has had their data copied by this bar to submit a mandatory Subject Access Request under GDPR regulations.

It's strange how you agreed with me until your chum piped up with a link from Northamptonshire.

HHR is not my chum - he, in this case, is giving a different view, which I regard as sensible - not a quality I ascribe to all his posts.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Do you really think South Yorkshire and Northampton are the only two areas with venues doing this? 

That question to the fragrant Miss Potion btw 

We do not know that South Yorkshire are doing this as an official scheme or if it is two bars taking it upon themselves to do this. If you had a young daughter, would you want some strangers, who are unregulated and have an ambiguous background keeping hold of her personal details, that could be used to trace things such as her address, social media pages, bank accounts? We don't know what their motive is.

This article shows how data given to individual businesses has been exploited to cause young women discomfort. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/woman-shares-terrifying-messages-delivery-23759157.amp  and this one is creepy. https://inews.co.uk/news/deliveroo-rider-tracked-woman-down-social-media-creepy-message-208161

This article from Durham is particularly concerning. https://thetab.com/uk/durham/2022/12/01/you-better-have-a-rape-alarm-on-you-police-investigating-jimmys-bouncer-for-sexually-harassing-student-51385

Edited by Irene Swaine