Home Of Football Museum.

cuttsie

The Council and a charity are looking for a building in the city centre for a museum to host the Home of  football .

Well there is a building just a stone throw away from the Town Hall,   it is empty has a conference stage area and would be the perfect place .

The old Salvation Army  building on the corner of Pinstone Street just below the old John Lewis car park would fit the bill wun’t it .

• Like 2

Not a bad idea cuttsie it needs a lot of work doing on it but it'd be worth it, the facade is excellent and puts some of the various coloured boxes they've erected recently to shame.

It annoys me that other cities have football museums while the actual home of football doesn't have similar. Having said which Sheffield Club are moving to Meadowhead and I heard they're including a museum. 

But one representing all the Sheffield Clubs would be great. In particular the first Professional club to be formed with the city name in it's title which is also the one that never chose to leave the city should of course be given prominent mention 👍 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Not a bad idea cuttsie it needs a lot of work doing on it but it'd be worth it, the facade is excellent and puts some of the various coloured boxes they've erected recently to shame.

It annoys me that other cities have football museums while the actual home of football doesn't have similar. Having said which Sheffield Club are moving to Meadowhead and I heard they're including a museum. 

But one representing all the Sheffield Clubs would be great. In particular the first Professional club to be formed with the city name in it's title which is also the one that never chose to leave the city should of course be given prominent mention 👍 🤣

I am not arguing wi thi , 

learnt mi lesson . Apart from that I have. Been inside the Citadel and it’s a magnificent interior, it has a Crescent shaped theatre area and balcony . 
It made for the job .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

learnt mi lesson . Apart from that I have. Been inside the Citadel and it’s a magnificent interior, it has a Crescent shaped theatre area and balcony . 
It made for the job .

As you well know cuttsie I'm only having a laugh 😉. I think  your idea is a good one. Never been inside but the exterior is well worth preserving.

We've done away with far too many fine looking buildings in Sheffield, in aesthetic terms the councils done more damage than the Luftwaffe. 

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

Which Sheffield Council department and which charity is looking please?

Email  =info@sheffieldhomeoffootball.org      Or website =.  Sheffieldhomeofootball.org     Kieth Hackett , Tony Currie and Clive Betts involved .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It made for the job .

Found this online.

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/the-citadel-salvation-army-sheffield-2017.115335/

You're right cuttsie. I reckon that must have been a beautiful building in its day.

Crying shame its not been brought back to use.

Would be an amazing live music venue too if someone had the vision and funds to bring the building back to life. In fact it would be a perfect music venue. But we can't even keep hold of the likes of The Boardwalk in Sheffield.

For a city with both football AND music heritage we are dying a slow and painful death on those fronts.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1