Local Schools And 'Security Lockdowns'.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Also worth mentioning that corporal punishment was stopped during Mrs Thatcher's reign. 

You can hardly call her "pampering and liberal"

Well, it doesn't seem to be working regardless.

I've no doubt that assaults on teachers, physically and verbally are up, so whatever is happening isn't working.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Perhaps where America leads we follow could be salient.

Or Dunblane

Who knows.

What led you to stock up ?

Give me 10 incidents ,at once if not sooner

My bold

Common sense. 

I knew food prices, energy prices etc were going to surge well before it happened so I bought in extra. We use the stuff now and so unlike most other people my shopping bill hasn't Risen at all in the current Cost of living mess.

Yes, we always had fire drills too. Never thought anything about it. But afraid these security lockdown drills must add to kids anxiety which I understand is off the scale these days.

However, ever since Dunblane, street attacks and the shootings in American schools, it probably has to be a consideration. Schools will be damned if they do, and damned if they don't and then the worst happens, so they can't win.

Sadly Gang members, crime lords and Random nutters with knives guns and machetes are a fact of life and roam our streets. Thankfully not nearly as often as the hysterical media want you to think, but nevertheless they are out there and dangerous. Just like 'stranger danger' kids should be aware. But how its done is paramount.

I don't like it, but if locking doors keeps them safe so be it. I do worry though that a fire is rather more likely, and locked doors might one day cost lives rather than save them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What exactly , is wrong with teaching kids to be safe and how to stay safe in case of an emergency ?

Nothing. 

But "locking down" a school and making the kids sit quietly whilst the 'danger' has passed is simply uncalled for in my opinion. 

In America sure, in countries where school invasion is common yes, absolutely but over here it's just unnecessary. 

All it'll do is cause the kids stress and anxiety for no real reason.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Nothing. 

But "locking down" a school and making the kids sit quietly whilst the 'danger' has passed is simply uncalled for in my opinion. 

In America sure, in countries where school invasion is common yes, absolutely but over here it's just unnecessary. 

Ok then . "Kids there's a nutter running about with a knife , right end of lesson , off you go , don't forget to do your homework" .

" Kids there's a huge fire in B wing , don't get too close to it on your way out " 

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Common sense. 

I knew food prices, energy prices etc were going to surge well before it happened so I bought in extra. We use the stuff now and so unlike most other people my shopping bill hasn't Risen at all in the current Cost of living mess.

So you play the market as I assume that you always have to maintain your stock at a strategic level?

14 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Nothing. 

Back in the day when I was a nipper we had these to raise our anxiety levels:

Glad I wasn't brought up in America though:

"WATCH OUT FOR HOMOSEXUALS"!!! 😵

:wow:

Edited by Mister M
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RJRB said:

So you play the market as I assume that you always have to maintain your stock at a strategic level?

I've already replied to this .

For some reason it's been deleted.

I could reply again but really, what's the point if legitimate posts are being deleted 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mister M said:

How is keeping children safe anything to do with this "pampering and liberal  modern attitude" you seem to think exists?

Unless you're saying that you'd be quite happy to let kids burn in a school building as that'd be like the 'good old days'

Bring Back Bummings and Beatings, Bawls Bundy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I hear some local schools are beginning to do "Security lockdown drills" in order to keep the kiddies safe.

Are schools in Sheffield and Rotherham so unsafe that this practice is needed? 

Or is this just the Nanny State in overdrive as usual,

Any schools near you starting to do this too?

Nanny state in overdrive with other agendas. The COVID scam normalised the concept of a "lockdown" for some people, which is all part of the plan. 

• Haha 1