Oh Poland. What Have You Done 😬

1 minute ago, ads36 said:

so, we're now claiming that the Tories, and the US Democrats, are "extreme left wing" ... ?

consider me : not convinced.

No one has said the Tories are 'extreme' left wing!

I said parts of the media have been hijacked by the extreme left, but you can't deny that, for the most part, the modern Tory party is fairly left these days.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I said parts of the media have been hijacked by the extreme left, but you can't deny that,

i absolutely can deny that - which i'm sure you'll enjoy.

which parts? 

and 'hijacked' ... ? (suggesting violent/hostile  takeover or ambush)

just so we're all talking the same language, a quick reminder that 'extreme left' means something akin to Maoism.

(not just something incomprehensible about the wokes)

Edited by ads36
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I asked which country we thought had an "extreme left wing" government (your words in quote)

and jack suggested :

44 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The UK has had a left wing government for the last 13 years 

and Trastrick :

31 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The U.S.has had one for 11 of the last 15.

Edited by ads36

48 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I said parts of the media have been hijacked by the extreme left, but you can't deny that, for the most part, the modern Tory party is fairly left these days.

Which parts of the media have been hijacked by the extreme left? The only ones I can think of is 'The Morning Star'. And they weren't hijacked by the extreme left because being extreme left is their whole raison d'etre. 

The Guardian and The Mirror are broadly social democratic.

The Times, The Sun, The Mail, Telegraph, Express and their Sunday equivalents are all on the political right of the spectrum ranging from centre right of the Times to the hard right of the Telegraph.

In terms of broadcast media BBC, ITV, C4 & C5 - not much experience with them, but I think a lot of people on the right like to say "Uh the BBC, ITV, they're so left wing" simply because that's what the right wing press say.

Where's the evidence that they are left wing? The BBC over the last 7 or 8 years, have become part of the client media and there is a revolving door between the Conservative Party and the BBC - Robbie Gibb, Guto Harri, Allegra Stratton, Craig Oliver, Richard Sharp, Andrew Neil, Nick Robinson, Thea Rogers, Lord Patten, Tim Davie - all in powerful positions at the BBC. All right wingers. 

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 2